Chapter Thirty-three - Lucas

The attendant left her car by the garages, waiting for me to give it to her. The happiness on Scarlett's face was what I wanted, she was ecstatic at getting the car, a symbol of her freedom. As she hugged me the phone in my pocket rang, a familiar tune got louder and louder. She pulled out from my body and looked at me strangely.

"Oh." I smugly pull the phone from my pocket. "Another gift."

She takes her phone from my hands and stares at it.

"My phone." she frowns.

"Your phone, no additional calls were made in its absence from you, I promise."

She giggles as the phone stopped ringing, flicking at the screen, out of nowhere she wraps her arm around my neck, pulling me to her and holds the phone out, taking a photo.

"There is however, some new features on it."

She frowns again as she looks up from the phone, wondering what I mean. I take it from her and see that the picture had been set to the wallpaper, one very happy Scarlett hugging me. I opened the contacts and showed it to her.

"Your number." she laughed. "How very first date of you."

"Yes." I mutter as I flick the screen further down to Zach's number. "Gaby and the brat too."

She laughed again as I took her hand.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere secret."

How she had never discovered the hidden room in all the times she had been in here and trashed my room, I had no clue, but she never knew of it. It was obvious when I flicked the button that opened the wall behind the clothes rail in my robe. She gasped as the whole panel turned inwards revealing the second room, just as big as my main room.

"Sweet jelly beans, how did I not see that?"

Her awe resounded in waves as she gingerly stepped into the room.

"Does my room have this?"

"Well, your old room, no. Your new room, yes."

She frowned at me, unsure of my statement.

"Did you still want to sleep in the other room?"

"No." she murmurs.

I flicked on the lights, revealing the racks of clothing, her clothes which had been moved in here whilst we were down at the car and new clothes, everything was exactly to her taste. Her desk had been moved in here, placed by the window that overlooked the butchered rose garden. I knew she would get a kick out of that. All of the songs she had been writing, the little pictures that she had doodled when she was bored, all of it was brought in here. Everything that I could think that she would want, everything that Zach or Candy suggested, I got for her. She wandered around the room in complete shock, stopping at the enormous jewellery cabinet.

"This is for your every day run of the mill jewellery." I say as I open the cabinet, stocked full of the things she wears. "The more formal stuff is housed in the safe."

"Formal?"

"Yes, the super expensive stuff, you know the jewel encrusted necklaces, bracelets, earrings, your tiara."

"My what now?"

I grin as she struggles with it, obviously she hadn't thought too much about what was ahead of her. It wasn't a surprise; I knew Scarlett didn't care that we were vampiric royalty. She was already famous; to her it was another title to her name.

"Yes, you do remember that this is a royal family right? You will be required to wear one for formal events."

"Oh." she says low. "Really?" she frowns, still unsure.

"Yes." I pull open the next cabinet along, a draw sits at the top. I pull out the red sash with the family crest on it.

"Upon our marriage you will have to wear one of these to formal events as well."

"Aww, how cute, you did your crest to include the m for Marconi." she toys with me.

"Mordecai." I grin back at her as I lay it back into the draw.

Scarlett wandered around the room, opening cupboards and draws, gasping, giggling and shooting me the occasional look of astonishment.

"This is your dressing room, all of your things are here, with new additions." I gesture around the room. "Things that I have collected for you over the past few weeks. Things that I would have given anything to give to you at the time of purchase."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because I wasn't allowed to. These were seen to be rewards and I wasn't allowed to reward you until you turned."

"But you did give me things, the underwear, the pens and paper, the dvd player."

"They weren't rewards Scarlett, the underwear was a necessity seeing as you were refusing to wear what had been provided and the other things were to benefit the staff."

"Why?"

"Who do you think cleaned up after you misbehaved?"

"Oh." she grumbled. "What about the necklace?"

"Oh." I falter at the realisation. "Uh best not to mention that one."

She grins at me, knowing I slipped up.

"The only allowance I was granted was the guitar and I had to beg to get you that much."

"That's rather harsh." she grumped as she sat at the table, flicking on the harsh lights around the mirror.

She gasped at the make up on it, all of it the best that was available according to Gaby.

"How do you know about make up?" she sniggered. "Got something you want to tell me Lucas?"

"No." I snip at her. "Gaby got that shit for you. I have no clue about it."

I wasn't going to tell her that Gaby had a very big hand in helping me with the design of this room. She was insistent that it had to be feminine, that it had to be perfect. She really had gone all out on this, hoping that it would help Scarlett ease into her new life here. The walls were a creamy pink, soft white sheer curtains hung in between heavy mauve ones. Gaby even had the light fitting replaced, refusing to allow the boring one that was in here, now it was a delicate and small chandelier. Somehow she had managed to get some of Scarlett's gold records in here.

Wandering over to the window, I flicked back the curtains to let the sun wash into the room. The last of the people attending the meeting were arriving, I could hear the murmur of the staff as they fussed around the boardroom. Terrance was being his usual self, overbearing and ordering everyone around. I don't know how Alina puts up with him.

I sat on the chaise lounge watching Scarlett as she looked at the things on the table. Her eyes flickered in my direction and a wicked grin curled into her mouth. In the blink of the eye, the lights around the mirror were off and I was pushed back on the lounge, Scarlett hovering over me. Her eyes were wild with cheekiness, now a brilliant blue. As she smiled at me I got to see the fangs, I had spent such a long time wishing to see them, I didn't think it would ever happen.

"Something on your mind Scarlett?"

"Oh yeah."