Chapter Three - Lucas

There was an almighty roar that shook me to the core. I snapped out of the haze and saw red eyes from behind the tree lined fence. They watched as we turned into the secret entrance, waiting and hoping to get close enough. The creatures ran alongside the fence, hearing her heart beat was an attractant to them, they roared at the vehicle but they knew not to touch the fence. Many of them had been shocked by the electricity that ran through it. Lester pulled up by the garages, flicking the keys to the attendant. Lifting her out of the car was easy, she was so light. As I walked into the foyer, it was like our own personal welcoming committee, my mother, Gabriella, Terrance and Miranda.

"Well?" Terrance looks at her.

"All went well, as sweet as sugar."

"Excellent." his lips purse as he smirks.

"No way!"

Zach appears out of nowhere.

"It can't be real, oh my god, it's her."

I roll my eyes at his star struck gibberish.

"Get over it Zach, so she's famous, who cares?"

I knew he would be like this, between him and Patrick, I had a gold mine of information about her. I also knew in his mind he wished it was him that was bound to her. I wander up the stairs to the room next to mine, the maids waiting for me.

"Your highness." they curtsy.

"Angelique, Beatrice, could you dress her for bed and then come down to the boardroom for a staff meeting."

"Of course your highness."

I lay Scarlett onto the bed carefully as the maid's fuss around her.

"Is everything prepared for her?"

"Yes, clothes in the robe, toiletries."

"Amusement for her?"

"Uh, no. Terrance suggested her boredom might make her turn faster."

"Of course."

They flick off her shoes, I pick them up looking at these things that could poke an eye out. Deadly. The door opens, my mother walks in.

"Why are you still in here?"

I shrug at her with a smirk.

"Out." she swats at me, taking the shoes from me. "Give the poor girl some form of privacy."

I look up at the ceiling in a very dramatic fashion as she shuts the door on me. Damn!

Ten minutes later my mother walks into the boardroom with the maids. My father stands at the end of the table, waiting for everyone to quieten down. All of the staff line the walls, Terrance and Miranda sit on one side of the table, my mother and Gabriella beside me. Zach languidly wanders in, looking like he isn't really interested in the meeting that is about to take place.

"Right, the night has gone off with a success, no one was hurt or seen. At the request of Lucas, could we refrain from addressing royalty in front of Scarlett." he directs the staff.

"Your highness, may I ask why?" Charles the butler asks.

"Because there are things that humans are not to know of our world." Terrance interjects before my father can speak. "And she is not to be told of the oracle or her standing in the realm until she turns. At that point Lucas can tell her whatever he wants."

"How long have we got?"

"We do not know a time frame. Without the missing section of the scroll, not knowing who the head slayer is, we are just sitting idle until something happens to tell us."