Chapter Thirty-four - Scarlett

It took an hour for everyone to discuss the card and its revelation, the plan for the future, my neighbour.

"Tell us of your neighbour Scarlett." Eris says.

"Well I always thought he was a loon but apparently not. So, the garlic is wrapped around every post of his front and back deck, the windows and doors have it hanging around the frames. The front door has a large cross on it and the water thing, every Sunday, pours it around the house."

"He probably has it blessed by the priest." Henry says.

"He's sticking with the folklore deterrents."

"Does it work?"

Terrance laughs. "No."

The butler moves around the table pouring red liquid into the glasses on the table. The smell of it sends my mind crazy, erratic in my thoughts, all I want to do is jump the table and pounce on the butler with the carafe.

"Settle down, he will be here in a second." Lucas mutters under his breath.

He has barely finished filling my glass before I grab it down the entire contents in one gulp. Lucas watches on, thoroughly enjoying the show. He gestures to the butler to leave the carafe. I could have sworn I heard him huff as he placed it in front of me. Glass after glass I empty the entire carafe as everyone discusses what is going to happen. Of course I can tell they are all watching. I don't know why but it consumes me, the need, the want. I have to have it. Lucas smirks, wiping the edge of his mouth, staring at me. Thoroughly embarrassed, I wipe the blood from the edge of my mouth.

"We will move out soon, hopefully we can get to Scarlett's house by one pm."

I am shocked when I return to my new room, Lucas's room, my outfit that I was wearing the night he took me has been put on the bed. I pick it up and realise that it has been cleaned, smelling of lavender.

"Go on, we both know you want to wear it." he snuggles into me, wrapping his arms around me. "And let's face it, we are going to your parents, it is what they will expect to see. Get dressed quickly, you should feed before we get there, don't want you draining your parents now, do we?"

I quickly flick on the shirt and the lacy skirt, feeling so much better.

"Do you know how much convincing it took to stop the maids to not repair the holes in this shirt." he pokes his finger through one of the holes. "Trying to explain to them that it's meant to be like this." he rolls his eyes with a cheeky grin.

"And this thing, they didn't know what to do."

He picks up the corset, wrapping me into it, pressing the studs together. His finger skims the edge of the top of the corset, running over my breast.

"Something about this." he murmurs. "Drives me crazy."

When he finally left me alone to go and get ready to go out, I looked at myself in the mirror. Now paler than before, the colour was a barely pink, almost a luminous tone. My eyes seemed a lot bluer than before but what really stood out were those nasty little fangs. So sharp. As I do my eyeliner I think that now I am so pale that I no longer need any foundation to bring my colour down, my skin is perfect, no flaws anymore. I straighten the sleeves of my shirt that hang low on my arms, wide on my wrists and quickly put on my stockings and shoes. It feels like it is the night of my last concert all over again. I hear someone clear their throat, I turn to see an old memory wrapped in long pink hair.

"Candy cane." I wrap my arms around her, the tears emerging.

"Hey scare bear, missed me did ya?"