Chapter Seven - Scarlett

I wake early in the morning and decide on going for a wander around the grounds. I grin when I find the pool, the weather certainly warm enough for an early morning dip, I rush back to my room to find a pair of slinky black and red swimmers. As I mindlessly float through the warm water, I hear someone clear their throat.

"Miss Marconi, breakfast has been served."

"That sounds wonderful, thanks for the news bulletin Jeeves."

He rolls his eyes and turns with his head in the air, walking away. I quickly climb out of the pool and wrap the towel around me, following him back into the castle. When I reach the dining room I am faced with a table of people staring at me, sodden hair, wrapped in the towel.

"We don't wear swimwear at the breakfast table." Lucas grunts at me.

"Oh, would you like me to remove it?" I say holding the string to the bikini.

"Can I still have the towel or do I have to be completely naked?"

Zach's eyes light up with a little grin. I pull the chair out and sit down.

"It's breakfast Lucas, don't be such a stuffed shirt. My god, how old are you?"

It was meant to be rhetorical, laced with sarcasm but when he said that he was eighty-one I nearly fell off my chair. I held composure as I ate my breakfast and ignored his reply.

Everyone is rather quiet at the breakfast table, I mindlessly stir the spoon through the cornflakes and milk, head propped on my hand as I wallow in my thoughts of last night. Something very wicked flickers through my mind and I quickly finish my breakfast and stand from the table.

"Where are you going?" Lucas frowns at me.

"To go and get dressed."

"What for?"

"Isn't what you wanted? Jeez Lucas, make up your mind will ya?" I shake my head at with a very faked confused face.

I slowly walk out of the dining room, once out of sight I run for the garage. Taking all of the keys off the rack I throw them up into the guttering of the garage. I chuckle as I quickly make my way back to the castle. As I start to walk up the stairs Lucas walks out of the dining room.

"What are you doing?"

I groan and flop my arms by my side.

"Getting dressed, get a hearing aid old man. Jeez."

After I have dressed, Zach pokes his head around the door. Two sparkling blue eyes with a very cheeky grin. He was going to make a girl very happy one day. Shame his brother wasn't this sweet.

"Hey."

"Hi there." I say rather smugly.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing." I try to hide my grin.

Lucas appears at the doorway, looking rather well dressed. One finely fitted suit, his hair perfectly styled. Much like the night he took me, only still shaven. Torture, that's the name of today's game, I am sure of it. Torture Scarlett with looking devilishly handsome. Bastard.

"I'll be out for the day; do you think that you can behave yourself?"

"Nope."

He huffs. "Keep an eye on her." he grunts at Zach and leaves the room.

I take Zach's wrist and look at his watch, noting the time.

"Scarlett?"

"Yes Zach."