Chapter Thirty - Scarlett

Greetings my lovelies,

I thought I'd drop a few little words in before the start of this chapter. This is where it gets rough for Scarlett. Her mind isn't exactly coping with what is happening with her life and she acts accordingly. I've never listed a song as part of a chapter before, (I hope the link works lol) but I happened to be listening to this particular song and checked out the lyrics. (listed at the bottom) I think it relates reasonably well to Scarlett's frame of mind. So, I hope you enjoy the song and the chapter (maybe not too much :/ it is supposed to be sad.)

xMishx

********************************************************* 

I woke to the warmth of the sun filtering in through the window and the coldness of the body snuggled into me from behind. His arm wrapped around my naked body, his breath icy cold on my shoulder. What happened to you? my snarky mind snaps at me One minute you're telling him never, the next you're not?

"You realise you are going to have to turn, right?"

"Not going to happen."

"You don't have a choice, this place is where you need to be, this is your life now."

Sadness had started to creep into my mind, I didn't want to become a vampire. I didn't want to take someone's life. And Lucas sounded like he was changing his mind on letting me leave or maybe he was never going to let you leave snarky taunted me. And what of this vampire that he is supposed to marry? When was he planning on telling me about that? Am I just an in between lay to him? The sadness turns to anger and I push him away from me. I pull the sheet from the bed, wrapping it around my body. The sheet slips from my body as I walk through the robe to the bathroom, in desperate need of some warmth. But of course the warmth of the water is soon replaced by a too familiar coldness.

"Go away."

"Never." he whispers.

"Why don't you just kill me and get it over with, stop torturing me."

"Did you not have fun yesterday?"

Playful Lucas is gone, now we are back to mister sinister.

"You took me to a werewolf's house where I was bored out of my brain for hours while you and your friends discussed some ancient nonsense, where your brother revealed that you have to marry some vampire, something you should have told me. You keep telling me my place is here, with you, but you damn well know it's not, is it? Then you took me to a club, wouldn't let me out of your sight, wasn't allowed to do anything except sit there and watch four vampires kill three innocent people. No, not fun at all."

I wipe a tear away.

"And what's worse is there was a photographer there, the world will know I am alive and they will all think that I am ignoring them, you made the statement that I would be returning to performing after a short break, but you and I both know that it isn't going to happen, you won't let me."

There is silence for a few seconds, the warmth beginning to return around me.

"Breakfast is in five minutes, make sure you are wearing something appropriate."

The coldness left the shower leaving me alone with my sadness, my utter despair. My life had no meaning anymore, I am being held captive by some monster. I can't leave, I am told that my place is here with him, a man that according to some prophecy is destined to marry another. Why won't he let me leave? I asked my mind but none of them responded. How could he be like this? One minute he's so affectionate the next he is so cold and mean. He wants me forever yet he never tells me of this vampire of the prophecy. Am I going to be tossed aside like some bit of unwanted trash or will he keep me as a love interest and cheat on his wife? Will he ever truly love me? We don't have an answer was what eventually slipped through my mind.