Chapter Ten - Scarlett

The water is wonderfully warm, I lean on the edge of the pool, staring at the forest. Wishing for some form of escape. I'm like a pet to him, scolding me when I do wrong, keeping me around for his own amusement.

"My god you're a drama queen."

I spin around and see Lucas sitting by the edge of the pool.

"Am not." I mutter petulantly.

"I don't keep pets." he grins.

"Stay out of my mind."

"Why would I do that? It's how I know when you're up to no good."

He looks up at the sky, the clouds starting to form.

"Don't be in here too long, the rain is coming."

He gets up from the ground.

"I'll be out for a while; can you try to behave yourself?"

I roll my eyes at him as I lay on my back, floating in the water.

"Going to town to pick out your Zimmer frame old man?"

"Hilarious."

I swish the water around me as I move up the pool.

"I know, picking out a retirement home."

"The girls a comedian." he says dryly.

I stop floating and move to the side of the pool holding the edge, putting on my best sad, pouty face.

"You aren't going to pick out a funeral home are you? I don't know what I would do with my days if I didn't have you around to suck me dry."

"You might get to go home." he says eyes wide with a cheeky smirk.

"You're a complete butt hole you know that?"

"Yep. Behave yourself."

I watch as he walks down the path to the garage.

The weather changes, no longer bright and sunny the clouds start to loom. I slide out of the pool feeling a sharp cold breeze flick past me. Stalking along the building, he gets into his car and I watch him drive down to the forest, leaving the estate. My eyes dart to the other cars in the garage. Biting my lip as I look around I decide to take one of the cars for a spin, maybe a bit of adventure. I laugh, they still haven't learned a thing about the keys, still sitting at the back of the garage on the wall, still easily available. Fun time!

When I've had my fun I make my way back into the castle. After I have showered, warming myself up, I decide on another bit of fun. Boredom is a bitch was the sign that I put on the door to his room. I enter his room again, supplies in tow. Time for some fun. I walk into his robe again, this time turning all of the coat hangers the wrong way. I then run the sticky tape around the pole, taping the coat hangers to the pole. I walk into the bathroom and tape a little sign to his toothbrush saying that I may have cleaned the toilet with it. There were several spare packets in the draw, which I took out of the packaging and tossed the packaging and the toothbrushes into the toilet bowl. The toothpaste made for an excellent paint. I coated the mirror with the entire tube, when I could no longer see myself in the mirror, I wrote on it, how can vampires see themselves in the mirror?

Moving out to the bedroom, I move the lounge closer to the bed, strip the sheets off his bed and pull the mattress to the end, propping it on the back of the lounge. I chuckle at my little fort as I put the sheets over it with a sign that says reclaim your youth old man, have fun in your fort.