Chapter Thirty-six - Lucas

Scarlett was, without a single doubt, the biggest pain in the arse on the planet. But it didn't make me love her any less, in fact, I think it made me love her more. She wanted to go out for dinner, a hip new restaurant was the talk of the town according to Candy and Scarlett wanted to go. She had a public profile to maintain she said in defence of her actions when I found out she had made dinner reservations for the two of us. She had to be seen in public, it was what her fans wanted, to see her. I watched in amusement as she grumped around her dressing room, knowing I would have no choice in giving in to her, I thought I might as well make her work for it. Make her think she has won the battle. There was never going to be a battle with her, I knew I would cave within seconds but I didn't want her to know that. Something about it all was fun, stirring the pot, causing a mini tantrum. It was the same with her career. I know that I had said that her duties now lay with the child that is yet to be created but I couldn't stop her, I had to let her do what she wants, I had to give in to her.

I was shocked when she let me drive to the restaurant in my car, not even the slightest mention of her car. We pulled up beside the valet to this supposed hip new restaurant, the young man rushes to the door.

"Scratch it and I will scratch you."

I could hear him gasp as my eyes began to darken.

"Yes sir." he stutters.

The flashes of the cameras were annoying. It was worse than the other day when we went to the priest's office. They call out to her, asking her questions about the pending marriage, about me. Of course there was nothing that they could find on me. Ours was a family that chose to be discreet in our public profile, unlike other vampiric royal families who flaunted their wealth and status under the disguise of being human royalty.

The restaurant was like nothing I had ever seen, bizarre was what crossed my mind as I looked around. The walls in the lobby were plastered with graffiti, not a beautiful artistic scene, it was tagging. There was a tiny shelf running along the wall with glass jars sunk into it, coloured pens inside the jars. As we stood in the line, Scarlett grabbed a pen and wrote on the wall. She grinned at me as she clicked the lid back on and put it back in the jar. On the wall was something that made me a happy man. Scarlett loves Lucas. Three little words that made my day. Of course, I had to return the sentiment, adding just below, four words to finish it off. And Lucas loves Scarlett.

"Reservation or walk in?"

I look at the woman behind the large wooden table. For a second I thought I was looking at Tess, this was a freakish nightmare. Thankfully it was not Tess, just a human woman that looked remarkably like her. She smiled at me, fluttering her eyes and ignoring the look of total distaste on Scarlett's face. I could hear the thoughts running through the blonde's mind, very dirty thoughts. Scarlett was nearly crushing my hand as she squinted at the woman, it was highly likely that she was in her mind too. She was probably hearing the thoughts on what she'd like to do to me, the thoughts of propositioning the both of us just to get a chance.

"Reservation for Marconi."

Scarlett gets a smug smile as she looked at her. The woman flushes, realising that she's being watched and looks through her book and then at Scarlett. She feigns a smile which was very fake, it creases into her lips as she gestures for a waiter.

"Of course, Tim will show you to your table."

She hands the menus to him as he approaches.

"Table twelve."

"But that's..."

"I know." she interrupts. "A cancellation has come up, table twelve."

His cheeks flush as he scurries past her, guiding us to the table. I entered his mind, wondering why he had questioned her about the table. Apparently it was the bosses table and it was to the discretion of the bookings coordinator to assign it to the public. I could understand why it was a prized table, it was private and tucked away in the corner of the room. It was a table that was reserved for people like Scarlett, those that wanted to eat out, but still have a bit of privacy.

Along the back wall was one large bench seat that swirled in and out with giant curves. The tables nestled neatly into them with normal seats on the other side of the table. It went as far as the corner that our table was nestled in, stopping short of it. There was a half wall in between it and our table, and along the side wall was more booths, just like ours. The only difference between our table and the others was that it was more enclosed, almost completely sectioned off. The waiter flicked on the little light that hung from the roof, a Moroccan styled lantern swayed when he closed the little door and let go. I sat at the table and looked out the window, to the paparazzi trying to get their pay day photo.

"B. I. Itch." she mutters as she flicks her fringe out of her eyes.

"As if you don't have your fans drooling all over you."

She shrugged while trying to hide the smug grin.

"Why did you want to dine out?" I huff as I read the menu.

"Because sometimes something different is fun."

She looks down at the menu, continuing on as she flicks the page over.

"And you never took me out to dinner when we dated, so now you have."

"We had a dinner date."

"No, we had dinner that was organised by your grandmother and I do remember being angry at you for trying to enter my mind."

"Yeah." I sigh, knowing how wrong it was. "Sorry."

She smiles as she rubs my hand that sits on the table.

"Don't stress, it's all good."

We were halfway through the meal when I realised that the woman was walking back and forth at the front of the restaurant. She was trying to look occupied but to anyone that paid attention, you could see that she wasn't doing anything of value. Her attention was in our direction, or rather mine. I was grateful Scarlett couldn't see her and closed off the thoughts in case she was in my mind. The woman stopped and waved back her hair off her shoulders, adjusted her clothes, continuing her path back and forth. It was a distraction and it was annoying, disturbing what could be a pleasant meal with Scarlett.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up at Scarlett, realising I had been frowning.

"Nothing."

She nodded and finished her meal, wiping the cloth over her lips. I could tell she was smiling at me underneath.

"What?" I grinned.

"Give me five and meet me in the bathroom."

Scarlett got up with that gorgeous grin slicked across her face and sauntered through the restaurant. I looked at my watch, thinking I'd be hard pressed to make it to five minutes. Maybe one. Maybe she meant five seconds. The hand clicked over so very slowly, ticking each agonizing second that felt like it was at least two seconds for every movement. When I'd had enough, I got up from the table and searched out the toilets. In the dark corridor behind the bar I looked at the two doors, wondering if she was brave enough to venture into the male toilets.

Scarlett are you in the male or female? Female, hurry up or you'll miss out. She giggled in my mind. I looked around no cameras, no people. Taking a deep breath, I disappeared and walked into the female toilets and found her in the disabled toilets at the far end with a big grin on her face.

"Where have you been baby?"

"Wondering what you've got planned."

She pouted "I was so hungry, I thought I'd come in here and find something tasty."

Stepping to one side, she let me in and locked the door, the blonde was sitting on the toilet slumped to one side.

"Thought you said you wouldn't take a life."

"Oh she's not dead, yet. That's your job. In the meantime," she pulled on my tie dragging me to her "Scarlett is hungry."

I loved it when she's like this, insatiable and very playful. She leaned on the wall and loosened my tie, undoing the buttons of my shirt below. I pressed her into the wall, lifting her legs around my waist.

"You are a bad girl Scarlett; someone will come looking for her." I whispered in her ear as she pulled the zip of my pants down.

"She told them she was going on break." she smiled coyly at me. "Now how about you shut up and give me what I want."

I grinned as I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"Such a romantic."