Chapter 15

Donnie was laying Ariel back down but as he looked back expecting Regan there he saw no one. Donnie quickly got up and looked around. " Regan?"
     When on one answered he started to the shore as he had the feeling she was there but then stopped. He new he could not leave Ariel alone but he needed... no he wanted to go find Regan as she started to make him worry.
    Donnie looked at Ariel and signed as he the continued running to the shore hoping to see Regan there. As he got there he looked around seeing the ocean but not Regan.
    Donnie breathed hard hoping she was not hurt as he started to run down the shore. But as he was going down then Regan got up as that noise caught Donnies attention as he turned to see Regan slowly swimming back to shore.
    Donnie turned and ran in the water water as Regan saw Donnie coming at her fast as she stopped swimming as he got to her and brought her into a hug. Regan's eyes widened with a hard blush as she felt him as if he was shaking. " Don't do that again Regan..."
   " Do what?" She asked as Regan looked at Donnie even though she could not see his face. Donnie pulled her as he held her arms as she saw he had a worried face as she blushed more. " walking off with out telling me..."
    Regan looked at Donnie in his brown eyes as he then started to get them to the shore as he placed her down on her feet. Regan watched Donnie walk off as she spoke. " I dont..."
    Donnie stopped walking and looked at Regan as he looked at her while she looked down. But then she laughed a little and looked up with a smile even though Donnie knew she was hiding her hurt face. " never mind it's nothing.."
    " Regan..." Donnie started as to walk to her but they both then hears screaming and they both then started to run off in the forest to the cave where Ariel was.
    As they ran to the place they saw Ariel as she was standing up with shaking legs as she saw them two and started to cry as she then ran at them but to Donnie hugging him. That surprised Regan as her eyes widen.
   But Donnie saw this as a friend in need so he got on one knee and hugged Ariel as she cried on his plastron. Donnie held her close as Regan backed up but did not run as she just put her head down and shaked a little but not noticeable.
    Ariel then looked up at Donnie with her tearing face. " I thought I have died! I'm so happy to see you again Donatello!"
    Donnie stayed silent not knowing what to say as he just comforted her looking at Regan as he saw her looking down. So Donnie looked at Ariel and picked her up. " come on let's get you in the cave. You need your rest."
    Ariel said nothing but blushes at Donnie as he got her in the cave and put her down. As she was laying down she went right to sleep as Donnie got out and went to Regan.
    Regan was still there wanting to run more know so she turned really quickly to run but Donnie grabbed her arm fast as she got stopped.
    " Regan why are you acting like this?" Regan heard Donnie said with what sounded like pain and sadness but she shaked more and turned to him with tears as well surprising him.
    " I don't want this time with us two to end... I loved being alone here with just you..." she said in a sad tone. " and it will never end."
    Regan's eyes was looking confused as she still head tears fall. Donnie brushed her tears away letting go of her wrist. He then got on one knee like he did for Ariel and leaned in closer making Regan hold her breath blushing hard red. " Ariel here will not change anything that has happened before Regan... as long as you stay with me I will always protect you and make you smile. "
    Donnie then started to lean closer as Regan started to close her eyes as she then leaned in too as their lips was an inch away from touching.
    But a noise stopped them as they opened their eyes as a few seconds passed they both then turned bright red as they where a few inches away from each others face. 
    Regan was having her hands on her lips as her eyes was wide as it could be. ' oh my god! We almost kissed!'
    Donnie looked at Regan blushing hard as he could not stop thinking on how close that was. ' I almost kissed Regan! She has a boyfriend and I almost mad her betray him!'
    Regan slowly tuned to Donnie and said a little low but Donnie could still hear her. " we should... go check on Ariel..."
    She then started to the cave as Donnie stood there still not believing what almost happend. He then looked to Regan as she went in the cave and checked in her while Donnie then came over to the cave and sat at the entrance. "Get some sleep Regan... we three will need it..."
    Regan looked to Donnie then nod. " okay... and I'm sorry..."
    " for what?" Donnie asked still not turning to look at her from his hot red face. " for acting the way I did... Like I was jealous..."
    Donnie chuckled low as he then said with a sweet tone and heart. " there is nothing to be sorry for... or to be jealous... I promise you that Regan."
     Regan smiled more happy as she then went over to Donnie crawling on her hands and knees and kissed his cheek shocking Donnie. As she then went in the cave and laied down by Ariel Donnie blushed harder and placed a hand on the cheek Regan kissed and said low to where Regan could not hear. " You will always be in my heart... Regan..."