Chapter 1; News

Johnny's POV

First day of summer vacation. Every teenager looks forward to the days of mischief, late night, hot days, parties and going to the beach. Me however I dreaded it.

I like school. More specifically; science. I like knowing the world and what goes on. What goes on beyond what we can see.

I basically like knowing. I don't know how to feel when I don't know something. And no, I'm not OCD. I'm just smart for my age.

My fellow peers don't understand me. Neither my parents or my three sisters.

They don't understand why I don't go outside, why I like to know, why I despise being touched. They don't understand me.

The only member of my family that understands me is my Maltese, Bentley. I call him Benny for short.

I like to talk to him, mostly because he doesn't respond back. He just listens, and gives kisses when you need them. It's a perfect relationship.

One thing I wouldn't know surprisingly. I don't know what it's like to have friends, a girlfriend, a first kiss or even a first time. When you're like me, nobody bothers to interact with you in anyway shape or form.

However today I was reluctantly greeted by the ray of shining light entering my room, through my window.

"Johnny get up, we're going out," my younger sister, Lauren, said.

"Where to?" I ask, sitting up. I rubbed my eyes and squinted at her.

"We're going to get lunch, now go get ready," Lauren answered leaving my room.

I groaned. I don't like to go out, unless it's to school or the science center. Which, I need to go to later this week. Whenever we go out, my parents make into a trip of trying to get me out of my shell. I like my shell however. It's safe.

I get up and walk to my bathroom. I turn on the water and remove my pajamas I was wearing and tossed them to the side. I get in and wash my hair and body with whatever products I owned.

I'm not to picky about my looks. As long as I have my bracelet my grandfather had given to me when I was a little boy. My grandfather inspired me to be anything I wanted to be.

He always told me it was okay to be curious and wonder. He always told me knowing is a great part of life that some people don't want to face.

However, as much as I loved my grandfather and as much as he was the only person who understood me, he passed away last year. Leaving me a trunk of his things and a letter. Neither of which, I've had the courage to open.

I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I walk into my room and pull out jeans, boxers and a white long sleeve shirt.

I put on my outfit and grabbed socks. Then putting those on as well as my old beaten up Vans.

I clean up my room fast and brush my teeth. I look in the mirror and sigh.

Many boys my age, practice what they want to say to a girl they're trying to get in a mirror. I don't. I don't find any interest in a relationship. I don't understand the appeal to it.

But, then again I don't understand them. They don't understand me.

-

"John sweetie, aren't you hot?" My mother asked.

We're walking down the street from where we parked the car to the restaurant.

"I'm fine mother," I say.

"Mom he's always wearing this, why do you even bother asking?" My eldest sister, Madison, well Maddie says.

"Ya mom," my second eldest sister, Darian agreed.