Chapter 29; Beach House

Johnny's POV

I sat in my room, packing clothes in my bag. So far I had pajamas, underwear, socks and only two shirts packed.

I'm standing in my closet, going through it. Picking out some outfits. I grabbed three pairs of shorts, a pair of nicer jeans, two button ups one short sleeve and the other long sleeve. I folded them and placed them in my bag.

I grab another t-shirt, tank tops, swim trunks and a bunch of shoes.

I know it seems like I'm overpacking, but, I always pack extras. Also, for the fact that I feel that this weekend trip will turn into a week trip.

Once I finished, I zipped up my duffle bag and tossed it off to the side. I grabbed my book bag and pack my laptop and some of my notes. So I can do some studying and research.

-

All the bags are packed in my car. Riding in my car is Carson, Lauren, Mackenzie and I. In the other car is Jacob, Hayden, Annie and Brynn. Maddie and her friends aren't joining us on this trip.

I guess Mackenzie told them not to come. I mean, it's nice though, it can just be us.

Right now we're picking Mackenzie up from work. She's getting changed in the bathroom. When she comes out she looks beautiful. Just a simple jean shorts, a white t-shirt and converse. And wow she's really pretty.

"Okay let's go," Lauren said happily.

It's not a long drive from where we are. Just a thirty minute drive. But, when we get there, we're dropping everything off and going to a restaurant.

The whole car ride consisted of music blasting and loud conversations about what we're planning on doing this weekend. Even though I'd rather stay at home and go to the lab, I'll make an exception. Especially if it means I can be with Mackenzie.

I pulled up to the large beach house. It was beautiful. It's light gray with white accents and pillars. It's two stories and has a porch swing.

We get out and look at the house in aw.

"Total of five bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms. There's a pool in the back and there's steps leading to the beach. Santa Monica pier is not too far. Almost walking distance and ya, make yourselves at home," Carson explained.

We grabbed our bags from the car and approached the front door. Carson unlocked it and let us in. It's really nice. It has dark hardwood floors, all white walls and it's really nice.

We dropped our stuff off and went back to the cars. We drive down to a restaurant on the beach.

"So John, we didn't have to convince you to come. What was the change?" Jacob asked.

"You all have changed me. Made me more normal. So there's no need to convince me anymore," I explained.

"Thank god he's normal. I was about to knock out the old you," Lauren said.

Everyone laughs while I shoot her a look. She smirks at me and we take our seats at a booth. Grabbing the menus we scanned through them and studied what's on the menu.

"So what's the plan this weekend?" Annie asks.

"After this, I say we go down to the pier, then tomorrow we go to the beach. Sunday maybe Disneyland or something," Carson explains.

We all nodded, liking the plan Carson came up with. Excited we have the whole weekend here, in Santa Monica is awesome.

-

We walked onto the pier. It was crowded. Yet, we were committed to have fun tonight. We walked around stopping at the different games and stands.

"John, try the ring toss," Jacob suggests.

"I rather not show off my lack of athletic skills," I say, declining his offer.

"Come on sweetie, just try it. It'll be fun," Mackenzie smiled.

I looked at her and weakly smirked. I give in and pay the $10 for twenty rings. The guys and I started throwing the rings at the bottles. I actually got three rings on one bottle.

With that I was able to win a prize. So, I pick the dog for Mackenzie. Figured she'd like it. When we finished I handed the stuffed creature to her and she smiled happily.

"Let's do the roller coaster," Hayden exclaims.

I sighed nervously. I'm not one for roller coasters. Therefore this is not my cup of tea.

"What's wrong?" Mackenzie asked.

"I do not like roller coasters. Being the fact I'm afraid of heights. Therefore I'm not too fond of the thought of the roller coaster," I explained.

She nods and we walked on to the line.

"All you have to do is hold my hand, and close your eyes. You'll be fine. I promise sweetie," Mackenzie whispered grabbing hold of my hand.