Chapter 27; Date

Johnny's POV

It's been several days since we've got our revenge on Brandon. We haven't really talked since. Everyone's been busy with their lives. I haven't stopped thinking about her though.

That's why I'm at her job. I want to talk to her. I want to see her. Something about her makes me feel different. Happy, just she makes me feel like I'm normal. I'm just like them.

"Johnny?"

I look up and see her in front of me. I smiled and stood up.

"Hello, Mackenzie."

"What are you doing here?" Kenzie asked.

"I wanted to see you. And well, wanted to ask you something," I say.

"What's up?" Kenzie asked.

"I uh wanted to see if you were available tonight? I am alone yet again, I wanted to see if you'd like to spend time with me. Like a date."

She smiled and placed her hand on my arm. "Sure why not? We can go out on a date sweetie," Kenzie smiled.

"Seven o'clock?"

She smiled even bigger and nods. "I'll see you then sweetie," Kenzie said, kissing my cheek then walking away.

I smiled and walked out. Happy that she said yes. I now have to get ready.

-

I stand in front of the mirror. Making sure I look good in my outfit. For once, I'd like to dress to impress.

Just simple grey button down and tan jeans with converse. That was it. That was my outfit. I wanted her to like it. I know she likes me, or so I think. I don't know.

The doorbell went off, I panicked and rushed downstairs. I opened the door and see her on the other side. I gave her a cheesey smile and let her in.

She wore a maroon dress and boots. It was simple, but, absolutely perfect.

"You look nice," I compliment.

"Thanks, you do too sweetie," Kenzie smiled.

I smiled back and we walked into the kitchen. I had ordered a pizza that came ten minutes earlier. I had the box set on the counter, I opened it up and she smiled.

"You didn't have to get food," Mackenzie says.

"Well, I figured you'd be hungry and well pizza is not a perfect dinner for a date but-"

"Pizza, is perfect. Just like you sweetie," Mackenzie smiled.

I smiled back and hugged her. "Thank you, for everything."

"No problem, thank you too," she says.

I smiled and let go, grabbing a plate, I placed a slice of pizza on it and handed it to her. Kenzie smiled and took it happily. I did the same for me and we sat down. Eating in silence.

It was quite awkward. I know awkward too, because I am awkward. I waited for her to start a conversation. I waited for a conversation starter to pop up in my head. Yet, nothing came.

"How was work?" I ask.

Kenzie sighs and looks at me, "it's work. I don't like it but, it's gonna get me money so I can get a car and leave this shit town," Kenzie explains.

"Why won't your parents buy you a car?"

"Because I'm not Maddie. I don't know something stupid like that," Kenzie explains.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you," I mutter.

She looks at me sympathetically. "You didn't know, it's fine," she says.

I nodded and looked down. "I'm sorry if this isn't the greatest date you've had. As you can tell, I'm not experienced with this," I explain.

"It's perfect, don't worry," Kenzie smiled.

"I love your smile."

"Thank you," she blushed.

We finished eating and cleaned up. Moving into the living room, I put on Netflix. Putting on A Really Goofy Movie.

I remember her and Lauren always watching it as children. I figured it'd be a nice reminder of her childhood.

"I haven't seen this movie in forever," Kenzie smiled.

I smiled back and she leaned into my side. Laying her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her and rubbed her arm. Watching the movie with her.

I do remember enjoying this movie as well when I was young. I may've been, or I am a nerdy child, yet I do enjoy a Disney movie or two.

"Mackenzie can we talk for a moment?" I question.

She nods and looks up at me. "What's up Johnny?"

"Well, it seems that, I have grown close to you this summer so far. And I find myself having feelings for you and I was-"

She cuts me off, by forcing a kiss on me. I kiss her back and it was, perfect. Amazing. Just everything she is.

"Yes John. I'll be your girlfriend," Kenzie smiled.

I smiled back and kissed her again. Getting more and more intense. It lead to something more than just kissing. Something that, in a million years I wouldn't have thought would happen to me ever in my life.

I now know why guys act the way they do. I know why guys my age rave about this all the time.

For the first time in my life, I John Orlando, had sex. With the greatest person I've ever met.