Chapter 9; Shopping

Johnny's POV

I dreaded today. With a burning passion oh how I dreaded today. I am going shopping. I don't go shopping unless it's necessary. The last time I went shopping for myself was over a year ago.

I wake up and do my routine of showering, dressing, making my bed and brushing my teeth.

I walk downstairs and see my family, as well as Mackenzie in the kitchen. They turn to me and smiled.

"John, you didn't tell us that your going shopping," mom stated.

"It was kind of forced upon by Mackenzie," I respond, taking a seat at the table.

"Hey, you've driven me around a lot lately. Plus yesterday at the science center was so cool! I have to do something to repay you," Kenzie defended.

I chuckled and take some fruit and started to eat.

"Well, here's some money, you're going to need it. Especially if you're getting John a new wardrobe," father said handing Mackenzie money.

"No I can pay for it. It's fine," Mackenzie states.

"Mackenzie, trust us. Take the money. You'll need it," Madison states.

"Your going to need new everything, including a hair cut," Darian states.

"What's wrong with my hair?" I question.

"John, there's split ends, it's in your face because you don't style it. It's bad. Just get a haircut," Lauren lectures.

I rolled my eyes and finished my breakfast.

"Well let's go, it sounds like we have a lot to do," Mackenzie says, standing up.

Lauren and I stand up as well and we exit the house. I grabbed my car keys and we enter my car. Mackenzie in the back and Lauren in the passengers seat.

"Everyone is going to meet us at the mall," Kenzie stated.

"This is going to be fun!" Lauren squealed. "I've always wanted update your wardrobe, now I finally can."

I shake my head and chuckle.

I drive to the mall while I listen to them gossip about different things. I pulled up to the mall and parked the car.

"We're here," I say.

They squealed and we get out and walk to the entrance. Meeting up with the rest of the squad.

"Hey guys," Carson greets.

"Hey babe," Lauren smiled kissing him.

"So what's the plan?" Annie questioned.

"The plan is, get John a haircut first because it's kind of like a mop on his head. Then, go shopping for a new wardrobe for him," Mackenzie explained.

"New wardrobe?" Hayden questioned.

"Yes, he seriously needs it. It's basically all long sleeved shirts, five maybe six pairs of jeans and those shoes," Lauren explained.

"Damn, when was the last time you went shopping?" Brynn asked.

I shrugged, "a little over a year ago."

Their jaws dropped. "Ya dude, you seriously need to upgrade. Let's go," Jacob stated.

They dragged me inside and we walked to a barber shop inside the mall. When we entered a man approached us.

"How may I help you today?" He says.

"Our friend John here needs a haircut. Do something really cool. Style it, and tell us what products to get for him because we're trying help him," Maddie explains.