Chapter 21; Daddy's Gone

Mackenzie's POV

I sat in my room alone. I haven't talked to really anyone this past day. The only people I've talked has been Maddie and my Mom. My friends and the girls try to talk to me, I just don't feel like talking to them. Brandon hasn't even made an effort to talk to me. It's been three days since I last heard from him.

I'm honestly getting tired of his crap. I mean I know he has his things he has to do. I know he knows what happened the other night but, seriously, I think I'm just like his sex toy.

I want to brake up with him, I just, don't think I can.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I look up over at it. "It's open!" I shout.

The door opens revealing Maddie. She gives me a smile and closes the door behind her. She walks over and sits next to me on my bed.

"How you doing?" Maddie asked, setting a bag of food and drinks down on the bed.

"Alright," I mumbled.

Maddie nods and wraps her arms around me. "I'm sorry this happened to you Kenzie. We can't catch a break," Maddie sighs.

I nodded, "we really can't."

I remember times when we were younger. I get these flashbacks every now and then. I don't like to live in the past but, some days it just happens. I can't help it.

"You know what John did was really sweet," Maddie states.

I nodded, "he's a sweetie."

"You two would be cute together," Maddie states.

I look at her and laughed, "where did that come from?" I ask.

"Kenz, I see he brings out the best in you. You're so much happier with him around, I know when you're happy and I know what brings out the best in you. I'm your sister. And what brings out the best in you is him," Maddie explains.

I sighed and shrugged. "Our relationship isn't like that Maddie. John isn't a normal guy. He's more logical than emotional."

"Still, John cares, he does really care about you," Maddie explains.

I nodded and looked down at my bed.

The doorbell rings, Maddie gets up and runs to get it. I sit there alone just thinking about what Maddie had to say. I looked up when I hear the door open.

"Hey."

"Hello," John said. He walks over and takes a seat next to me.

"What did you need sweetie?"

"I wanted to see how you were," John answered.

"Well I'm doing fine, thank you," I smiled.

We sat in complete silence. I could John was very uncomfortable. I can't say much though, I was too. I noticed though, he wanted to talk about something. I'm not sure whether it was to break the silence or what.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

John looks up at me with his green eyes. He looks so innocent. Like a small child.

"Well, something was brought to my attention the other night," John began. "I had noticed you don't have very much confidence in yourself. You don't seem to love yourself. So I talked to Dr. Miller and I talked to Maddie, your sister. I found out somethings about when you were younger."

Oh no I thought.

"I just want you to know that, even though your father did all those cruel things to you and your family, that's in the past. You're an amazing girl," John explains.