Chapter 5; Meeting Everyone

Johnny's POV

"John, you're seriously coming?!" Lauren asked.

I nodded, "I'll treat it as an experiment. I've always wanted to study psychology so this will be perfect."

Lauren rolled her eyes, "okay fine. Just don't be weird please. I don't want to lose my friends," Lauren states.

She left my room and I shake my head. I check the time and see it's currently 12:30. We have to leave at five.

I decided to continue with my research while I waited.

-

"John, we have to go!" Lauren shouts.

"Okay I'm coming," I replied.

I walk downstairs and see Lauren. She's dressed in white booty shorts, a pink shirt and white adidas.

"What are you wearing?" We say simultaneously.

"Okay okay, you first," I say.

"I'm wearing clothes you wear when you go to hang out with friends and your boyfriend. Now what about you?" Lauren explained.

I looked down at my outfit. I'm wearing jeans, a flannel and my vans.

"My usual clothes," I respond.

"You really need to learn how to dress," Lauren states.

"Are you just going to make fun of me? Cause if you are I can easily just stay home," I smirked.

Lauren's face dropped and she repeatedly shook her head. "Please no! I just want to out let's go!"

I laughed and grabbed my car keys and walked outside. I get into my 2015 Jeep Wrangler, and start it up while Lauren gets in the passengers seat.

"Just tell me where to go," I say as I pull out of the driveway.

"When you get to the end of the street make the left," Lauren directed.

I nodded and followed her directions. Other than her telling me where to go, it's quiet in the car.

"So John, my friends, they might be quick to judge you. They're going to seem crude to you, but, they all mean well. Obviously you know Mackenzie, I'll introduce you to everyone else when we get there," Lauren explained.

I nodded and continued to follow her directions. Finally pulling up to a large two-story house. I parked and turned my car off. I exit with Lauren and approach the front door.

Lauren knocked and we waited. "Just, try not to be too weird," Lauren begged.

"I'll try not to," I scoffed.

Moments later the door opens, revealing Mackenzie. She smiled and hugged Lauren.

"Nice to see you," Mackenzie greeted.

"Same with you. Sorry I had to bring John cause I'm grounded. I can't go out without him," Lauren explained.

"It's no problem. It's nice to see him out of the house. Come on, everyone's here," Mackenzie said, letting us enter the house.

I followed my sister and Mackenzie down the hall and to a room full of people. When we arrived I stand there and place my hands in my pockets.

"Guys Lauren's here! She brought her brother, Johnny," Mackenzie introduced.

Everyone waves and I stand there awkwardly.

"Okay so John let me introduce everyone. Right there that's Carson, Hayden, Jacob and Annie," Mackenzie introduced. "That's Brynn, then that's my sister Maddie, and her friends Chloe, Nia, Kalani, and Kendall. And this is Brandon, he's my boyfriend."