Chapter 15; Oppertunities

Johnny's POV

I enter the room and look around. Taking a big deep breath.

"Hello Doctor Miller," I greet, approaching her.

I take the gloves out of the box and swing the lab coat on as I walked over.

"Hello there Johnny, not in your usual clothes I see," Dr. Miller states.

I nodded, "yes, I am not. I was given a shopping spree for giving Mackenzie rides all the time. However, I must admit, it is a step up from my usual clothes, I am still very uncomfortable," I admit.

Dr. Miller nodded and handed me a flash drive. I plugged it into the computer and watched as it loaded on the screen.

"Well John, are you treating this as an experiment still?" Dr. Miller asked.

I nodded. "Absolutely, I find it easier to treat it as an experiment than rather a real life social gathering," I explain.

"Well for your experiment, what results have you come up with so far?" Dr. Miller questioned.

"So far, I've gotten a lot of results. Such as a very particularly hatred towards me from Mackenzie's significant other Brandon, and then being well liked from everyone else. However, Mackenzie has taken a really good liking to me. I of course don't understand how she likes me so much, and it bothers me greatly I don't know why," I lecture.

Dr. Miller nods and clicks the mouse to move to the next slide.

"Well, John, could it be because you're very charming and smart. She probably likes that," Dr. Miller suggested.

I stop for the moment and think about it. "It is a possibility. However, I was quote on quote rude to her when we first made acquaintances."

"People change John. Even people like us, even though people like us; you, don't like change it happens. I personally think you're adapting to the change occurring in you're social environment quite well," Dr. Miller says.

I nodded and clicked to the next slide to observe the contents on the page.

"You may be correct about my social environment change. Like I said though I still find myself very uncomfortable with the changing and everything," I mention.

"I do notice but, change can be a good thing," Dr. Miller says.

There it is again. The same thing Mackenzie said a few weeks prior to this. Especially from Dr. Miller, she knows very well change can be bad.

I mean, we study the brain and what can happen when there's a slight change within the brain.

"I'm not to sure," I mumbled and moved to the next slide.

"Well, anyways, John I have a proposal for you," Dr. Miller states, taking a seat next to me.

I turn to her with a confused expression. "What is it?"

"Well, I was asked to go into a daycare with young children and explain the brain to the children. To try to get them interested in science. However, I cannot make it the day they want me to show up. I offered to have one of my students come in as a replacement and I thought you would be perfect. Would you like to participate?" Dr. Miller asked.

"When is it?"

"Tuesday, I really think you should participate and teach the children. Do a few experiments with them maybe, what do you say?" Dr. Miller explained.

-

"So you were asked to teach children science?" Lauren asked.

We are currently sitting in our basement with the squad. Including Brandon, Maddie and her friends.

I nodded and groaned, "I do not know why I accepted the offer. I am not one to be good with children."

"Do you not like children?" Annie questioned.

I nod my head.

"Why don't you like children?! They're so cute and tiny!" Brynn exclaimed.

"Yes, you see cute and tiny. I see tiny germ filled monsters," I respond.

"Ya, the last time he was around a child he wore gloves," Lauren states.

"Hey! It was covered in germs," I defended.

"IT WAS ME AND I WAS SICK!" Lauren shouts.

Everyone laughed at us.

However there was another time after that when I was near a child. Yet, it was very similar situation. I didn't go near the child.

"Well, when is it?" Carson asked.

"Tuesday, I am supposed to explain the brain and science. As well as do an experiment or two with them," I explain.

"Well, sounds like it's your problem dude," Brandon says.

"No it's not, we're going to help," Mackenzie smiled.

"You are?"

They nodded. "Ya dude, we'll come with you and help teach the kids. I mean, we won't know what you're saying but we can help," Hayden says.

"We can play with the children!" Kendall exclaimed happily.

"So you're all coming?" I question.

"Not me," Brandon scoffed.

I rolled my eyes. It's not like you'd be able to teach them you idiot I though.

"I think everyone else can come," Kalani says.

I nodded and weakly smiled. At least I don't have to do this alone.

Hey guys so this update took awhile but hey we got there. Really late but happy new year lol.

I hope you liked the chapter.

I am currently almost more than halfway done with another story so after Grey Matter finishes that will be published right after.

For the next chapter 90 votes and 45 comments.

Bye loves xoxo