Chapter 3; Apologies

Johnny's POV

When I entered my house it was quiet at first. I gratefully walked in. Happy I was all alone, but, I soon came to realize I wasn't. It was just my parents home.

They were sitting in the living room, watching a movie together.

"Hello Johnny," mom smiled.

"Hi mother," I greeted. "Where are my sisters?"

"Your sisters went out. But, John would you come sit for a moment," my father says.

I nodded and take a seat across from them. "What would you like to talk about?" I ask.

"It's about your outburst today," my father began. "We'd first like to say, we didn't think it'd upset you this much about us moving and having another child."

"Your sisters are okay with it, but, we want to know why you're not okay with it," mother explained.

"Because of the memories. Because of grandpa," I admit. "Grandpa and I did hundreds of experiments in this house. Him and I did so much within these walls."

They nodded understanding why I didn't want to leave. By this point, my father paused the movie, and my mother is sitting right next to me.

"Is it okay?" My mother asked, gesturing to hold my hand, and wrap her arm around me.

I sighed and hesitantly nodded. She gave me a gentle smile, and did so. I did feel very uncomfortable, but I knew it helped her in some way.

"Sweetie, I get it you were close with grandpa, but, sometimes change is a good thing," Mom said reassuringly. "We haven't made any decisions yet, but, we figured we'll make them by the end of the summer. We do have an eye on the house down the street and we already purchased it, we can rent it out until then."

I smiled and nodded. Hopefully they'll say no to everything we can stay here.

Just as I go to get up I'm stopped by my father.

"Sit back down John. The other thing we want to talk about is how you reacted at the restaurant. You were very rude to Mackenzie and we want you to apologize to her tomorrow," my father explained.

"I don't understand how I was so rude to her," I stated. "I told the truth."

"Yes, but, you made her feel bad, and stupid the way you were treating her. So you're going to apologize tomorrow. Whether or not you like it," my father explains.

I sighed and nodded, "okay father. May I leave now?"

He nodded and dismissed me.

I happily got up and went upstairs to my room. Benny following me along, I let him in and he jumps on my bed.

I pet him as I passed and changed into pajamas. I sat down and turned on the television.

Even though I am quite different, I still enjoy my television programs.

Benny snuggled under my arm and laid in my side. I placed my large hand on him and pet him.

"You understand me Benny, right?"

His response was licking my hand. I smiled knowing that was a yes.

"Love you Benny," I say.

-

I wake up the next morning and get ready. I have to go apologize to Mackenzie, so might as well make most of it.

I wear something similar to yesterday's outfit, instead it's a black, long sleeved shirt.