Chapter 11; The Beach

Johnny's POV

I wake up on Saturday morning early. It was about 7:30. I couldn't sleep that well. I rolled over and pick my phone up. Seeing I have a text message.

That's odd, I thought.

I unlock my phone and enter my messages. Seeing it's Mackenzie who messaged me.

iMessage received 35 minutes ago
Mackenzie🙈🌹💜: hey, you excited for today?

iMessage sent now
Not particularly but, I can try to be enthusiastic

I place my phone at the side of my body. Mackenzie insisted on the emojis next to her name. So did everyone else. However, I don't particularly care for them all that much. If they want it though, I'll let them keep it.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up. Looking at the message.

iMessage received now
Mackenzie🙈🌹💜: aww! Why not?

iMessage sent now
I'm not one for the outdoors. However I will try to make the most of it.

iMessage received now
Mackenzie🙈🌹💜: aw well, we're going around 3:30. So then we can watch the sunset and walk on the boardwalk and what not

iMessage sent now
Ahhh the sunset. I shall admit I do love a nice sunset. And yes, sounds like a good plan

I turn off my phone and lay on my side. Trying to go back to sleep for now. However I find myself unable to do so. I groaned and sat up.

I walked to the shower and turned it on. Stripping from my pajamas I get in and wash up.

I turn off the shower and wrap a towel across my waist and enter my bedroom again. I go into my closet and pull out a maroon short sleeve T-shirt, with black cargo shorts and maroon slip on Vans.

I kind of got the hang of how to choose outfits and what not. Since when we went shopping, all the girls telling me what to wear and what goes with what.

Once I was done, I cleaned up my room and looked in the mirror. I grabbed the hair gel and and tried to do my hair. I ended up giving up. It wasn't working out too well.

I shrugged it off and walked downstairs to get breakfast.

"Trying something new?"

I turn and see Madison. She smiled at me and walks with me into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"You're not wearing your usual long sleeve and jeans," Madison states.

I nodded, "I guess so. I mean, I was kind of forced to get all of this so."

"Well it's nice to see a change in you," Madison smiled.

I smiled back weakly and poured myself some cereal. I sat down and began eating while i listened to Madison ramble on about her life.

All I could think, however is how much I am dreading the beach today.

-

By the time 3:30 rolled by, I had already changed into board shorts and a tank tops. Still feeling extremely uncomfortable with exposing my skin. Especially to this much UV rays.

Lauren joined me in the car and we went down to the same beach everyone else agreed on. As I drove, I noticed Lauren not looking up from her phone. I mean, I'm used to it. She does it all the time. However, she usually acknowledges my existence.

"What's up Lauren?" I question.

"Nothing, just texting everyone," Lauren states.

I nodded and turned back to the road. "Do you want me to leave when we get to the beach?"

She turns to me, "no John. Why would you say that?" Lauren asked.

"You don't seem to enjoy the fact I am spending time with your friends," I explain.

"No, John I'm actually happy you're spending time with my friends. You're finally being normal for once. I'm just mad at Brandon," Lauren explained.

"Why's that?"

"Because, first of all as much as I love Mackenzie I've never liked Brandon. He's an asshole. But, I'm mad at Brandon because he's being a dick about you hanging around with us," Lauren explained.

I sighed and nodded, "I had a feeling he didn't like me. I'll just drop you off and go somewhere."

"No John just stay. Just because the jackass doesn't like you doesn't mean everyone else does," Lauren states.

I nodded and continued driving. I drove for twenty minutes until I arrived. Seeing everyone hanging around by the cars.

I pulled up and Lauren got out. Thinking I was parking and going to join them. But, I didn't.

"Johnny come on!" Mackenzie says.

I shake my head, "I don't want to desecrate your time. I shall drive around until I'm needed to drive people home."

"No seriously come on John. We all want to spend time with you," Mackenzie said.

"Not Brandon however."

She sighs and gets in the car, "just come. Forget about Brandon and think about everyone else who wants you here. Please Johnny?" Mackenzie begged.

I sighed and turned off the car. She smiled at me happily. I get out of the car and we head down to the beach.

It wasn't crowded as bad as I thought. It was nice actually. I walked behind everyone and watched as they ran around and had fun.

The hours we were there consisted of running, jumping, catching a football, playing soccer, playing volleyball, swimming, tanning and eating. Yes we did a lot.

By the time the sun started to set I sat at the top of some rocks. Staring out at it. It was beautiful.

A beautiful sunset for a beautiful day.

What's up guys here's the new chapter. I hope you like it.

I've been busy as usual so updates are slow and I'm sorry. But ya, I'm attempting to write some stories but it's a little hard.

Anyhow if you can get this chapter to 30 votes I'll update.

Bye loves xoxo