Chapter 33; Amnesia

Mackenzie's POV

Those words rang through my head. Repeating over and over again.

He doesn't know who I am?

"He has slight amnesia. He will remember long term stuff but, probably more recent events, like past few months he won't remember," the doctor explained.

"Will he get the memory back?" Annie asks.

"Maybe, maybe not. Some people are different though," he answers.

"When can he go home?" Meredith asks.

"Tomorrow. We want to keep him over night. For observations," the doctor answers, then exiting the room.

"Who are you?" John asks again.

"We're your friends John. I'm Carson, that's Hayden, Jacob, Annie, Brynn. Over there that's Maddie, Kendall, Nia, Kalani, and Chloe. And right there that's Maddie's sister your gi-" Carson explains.

"I'm you friend too sweetie," I say, cutting Carson off.

They all gave me a look. But, we just continued. Trying our best to refresh his memory.

"So what happened?" Johnny asked.

I sighed and looked at everyone. I don't want to tell him. I don't want him to remember the fight, I want him to love me again. Just as much as I love him.

"You got hit by a car," Annie says.

We tried to tell him the whole summer. Starting from how him and I met at the restaurant, all the way today.

"So John, do you know our names?" Maddie asks.

John looked up and scanned all of us. He remembers his family. Hopefully he can remember us.

"Who are you?" John asks.

We sighed and looked down. "Do you remember what happened?" Chloe asked, hopeful he would.

John shakes his head no though. We sighed and tried again. But this time, I didn't bother to help too much.

"You seem like nice people. All of you but, I just don't remember you," John says.

I sighed and stood up. "I'll see you later John."

I walked out of the room and into the hallway. A hand grabs mine. In a way, I was hoping it was Johnny. I wanted it to be him. Sadly, it wasn't. Only Maddie.

"Why are you leaving?" Maddie questioned.

"I can't watch him not remember me. It's my fault he's like this. You don't know what it's like to have someone you love, and that loves you not remember they love you."

Maddie sighed and hugged me tightly, "I'm sorry Mackenzie. Let's go home. We can talk there," she whispers.

I nodded and we walked out of the hospital. Getting to her car and driving back home. And yes, I mean home. Where my drunk, cigarette smoking mother is.

We pull up and see her car outside. Knowing she's home from work now, I sighed and get out of the car. Walking inside with Maddie behind me.

"Mackenzie?!" Mom shouts.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Walking to the kitchen where she was standing.

"Maddie?" She questions. "Mackenzie what's wrong?"

"He doesn't remember," I muttered.

Mom walks over and wraps her arm around me.

"John, he got hit by a car. He has amnesia and doesn't remember Mackenzie. Or anything these past few months, and well, he doesn't remember Mackenzie and him are dating," Maddie explains, knowing I was too weak to explain.

"John, the sweet boy who you stayed at?" Mom asked.

I nodded and started crying again. Maddie goes to hug me but mom stops her. Mom wraps her arms around me tightly and I just cried into her chest.

"It's my fault."

"Mackenzie, it's not your fault. It's Brandon's. If he didn't pull the stunt he did, none of this would've happened," Maddie says.

"What did Brandon do?" Mom asks.

"He tried to get Mackenzie back. But, when John walked in, Brandon had kissed Mackenzie. Then there was this huge fight. That's when John walked out and got hit by the car," Maddie explains.

Mom sighs and strokes my hair. "I never liked that Brandon boy. You're too good for him. John, he'll remember he loves you. Because you're a great girl Kenzie. Always remember that. I'm sorry I haven't been around much," mom says, kissing my forehead.

"Mom, I know who I am with him. I know I'm not just the party girl everyone sees me as. I'm more than around him," I sobbed.

"I know that must hurt a lot now. It'll get better. I promise sweetie," mom whispered.

I nodded and closed my eyes. Resting my head on her chest. I wish I was the one with amnesia. Not John, just me. All me. That's what I want. That's what I should get for being such a screw up.

Hey guys here's the new chapter and also, the 2018 jenzie awards are out rn and I'm nominated for creative author.

It is on ohzieg so make sure you guys go vote for me bc that'd be really dope if you did.

Also my new story is up now since this one is almost done.

Hope you guys like it.

Bye loves xoxo