Chapter 4; Punishments

Johnny's POV

I enter my house and am greeted by the sound of yelling. Confused I walk to the kitchen, where it's coming from. Inside I see my family, yelling at Lauren.

They must've found out that she came home late and was very hungover.

I walk in further, barely even noticed by my family.

"Why were you drinking in the first place Lauren?! You're sixteen!" My father exclaimed.

"How about it's because I'm sixteen! This is what teenagers do dad!" Lauren yells.

"Your brother doesn't do it," mother states.

"Ya but, no offense John but, you're basically an alien life form. You're not human," Lauren said.

"Don't be rude to your brother," dad scolded.

"What?! I told the truth!" Lauren defends. "Of anything why isn't he being yelled at for what happened yesterday?"

"Well if you must know, I apologized to Mackenzie just before. She accepted the apology by the way," I smirked.

Lauren rolls her eyes and scoffs at me.

"Lauren you're grounded. For two weeks," mom said.

"What?! No I'm not!" Lauren shouts, standing up.

"Yes you are. No talking back to us," mom scolds.

"You can't do this!" Lauren exclaims.

"We can. We can also make it longer too," dad states.

Lauren groans.

"If you want to go anywhere with friends now, John has to go with you," Mom says.

"WHAT?!" Lauren and I both shout.

"Mother, I have research to do and I have to go to the science center and-"

"UGH WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ALIEN! Mom! If he comes with me, I'll lose my friends, my coolness and my life because he won't go anywhere!" Lauren explains.

"You should've thought about that before you came home way last curfew and drunk," mom says.

My parents walk away and Lauren shoots me a look.

"If I go somewhere you're coming with me, then leaving. Understand?" Lauren says.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'm not a blockhead."

Lauren scoffs and throws her hands in the air, "why can't you be normal?!"

She runs upstairs to her room while I stood there. I turned to my two other sisters and look at them.

"You don't really see me as an alien, do you?"

They look at each other then back at me and nod. "Sorry Johnny, we love you and your quirks but, yes you are," Maddie begins.

"You're not like other seventeen year old boys. So you're kind of like an alien," Darian explained.

I hesitate then nodded. I turn on my heel and head upstairs to my room.

There I locked the door and approached my computer, I logged on to it. I go through my computer and do my research on the brain. I log many things to the paper I've been writing.

After several hours there's a knock at my door. Then it opens revealing Lauren.

"What is it Lauren? I'm busy," I say, typing and looking at my screen.

Lauren closes the door and sits next to me. "There's a party Friday with my friends," Lauren said smiling.

"Thank you for the invite, however I must turn it down. I'm doing research with Dr. Miller in the science center," I say.

"Oh wait you didn't understand. Let me rephrase. There's a party Friday with my friends, and YOU ARE GOING!" Lauren exclaimed.

I flinched, since it had been right in my ear. I cover my left ear and rubbed it. I now, stopped what I was doing and turn towards my sister.

"Why must I go?"

"Because if you don't then I can't. C'mon Johnny, I don't ask for much," Lauren begs.

"You ask me to do your homework," I say raising an eyebrow.

"Well that's different. Come on John, it'll be a win win win," Lauren explained. "A win for me because I can socialize with my friends, a win for you because you can experience teenage life for once and a win for mom and dad because you're finally Or of the house being normal for once."

I gave her a look, "I shall think about it okay, now if you don't mind I was doing research."

She rolls her eyes and leaves my room.

I shake my head at her. How young and naïve my younger sister is.

-

"There's a party in two days, my sister basically threatened me into going. Honestly I may not go, so she can stay home," I explained.

I take a seat at the table and watch as Dr. Miller does her procedure.

"Well John, I do believe this will be a good experience for you," Dr. Miller explained.

I groaned, "don't tell me it's because I can interact with kids my age. Because if it is I hear it enough from my Mother and Father already."

She laughs and looks up at me, "no that is not what I was intending on saying. However, it is true it will be a great experience," she explains.

"What were you going to say?"

"Well, I say go. Treat it as if it is an experiment. A social experiment. What really goes on inside the minds of normal sixteen, seventeen year old children," Dr. Miller explained.

I thought about it for a moment. It's not a bad thought.

"As much as I love experiments, I am certain this will be my least favorite. Just how geology is my least favorite science," I explain.

"Well, at least try it. You're always raving on about how you want to study psychology. This is the perfect chance to do so," Dr. Miller says.

"I do love psychology, and this can give me a peak into the world of teens my age," I mutter to myself.

"I'll do it," I smiled.

What's up guys so here's the new chapter.

I am currently still in school. In English class and I'm bored beyond belief. We're reading a stupid play and ya.

Nothing too much to talk about. Song of the chapter is misery by maroon 5.

Bye loves xoxo