Chapter 25; First Kiss

Mackenzie's POV

"He never made me feel the way you make me feel," I whisper.

John looks at me shocked. I know this is his first kiss. Well first kiss he can remember. It's not mine though. But, it's the first kiss where I felt something. Something amazing actually.

We pull away so we're not so close to each other. Still keeping eye contact though.

"So you and Brandon, it's done?" John asked.

I nodded. "Seeing what he did to you, he should be in jail right now," I say, holding the towel to his nose.

"Well technically, he assaulted a minor. So yes, he should be in jail," John states.

"Do you want him in jail?"

John shrugs, "it would be nice to see him with his own kind but, let the cops get him for drugs. That'll be better," he smiled.

Gosh his smile is so cute I thought.

I smiled back weakly. "Sweetie?"

He looks up at me. Like he's a lost child, with big eyes. "Yes Mackenzie?"

"I-I uh... um I-" I stuttered.

He smiled and kissed me one more time. When we broke apart this time he smiled weakly.

"I like you to Mackenzie," John whispered.

-

The guys decided to go out for a bit and the girls and I are going to hang out and have a girls day. It's been two days since all the craziness with Brandon.

We haven't talked to him since, and John ended up with a black eye. His nose was fine too. Just bruised, other than that there was no other injuries.

Nobody knows about what happened when it was just the two of us. It's been bothering me though, I like Johnny, I just don't know. I don't want to hurt him.

"Hey, what's wrong Kenzie?" Maddie asked.

I looked up and shook my head. "It's nothing."

They give me a look and laughed. "What's up seriously?" Kendall asked.

I shrugged, "look, it's about John," I start.

"What about him?" Lauren asked.

"I uh, need to tell you something," I begin. "The other day, after everything happened, John and I sort of kissed a few times."

That's when everyone was paying attention. "How much is a few times Mack?" Brynn questioned.

"Like twice, if you don't count the one when we were drunk," I say.

"So you two kissed, like three times, and my brother didn't go ape shit about germs and crap?" Lauren asks.

I nodded.

She grabs my hands and leans in close. I start to get nervous and afraid. Terrified what she's going to do to me. I know Lauren hates her brother sometimes, but, it's still her brother, she has to approve of stuff.

"What kind of spell do you have him under?" Lauren asks.

"What?"

"What spell do you have him under?" Lauren repeats. "He's finally normal!"

I exhaled deeply closing my eyes. Thank god she's not mad, I thought. I looked back up at them and see Lauren smiling away.

"It took fucking seventeen god damn years and finally he's a normal human being," Lauren rants.

"Wait, so what are you guys?" Annie questioned.

"Ya, are you two dating now?" Kalani asked.

I looked down and shrugged. "No, I don't think we are. I mean, after the kiss, he told me he liked me," I explain.

"Wait, like straight up, I like you Mackenzie?" Maddie asked.

I nodded, "almost those exact words too."

Their eyes popped out of their heads. They started to freak out and ramble on and on about how we'd be cute together and everything in between.

"Do you feel the same way?" Kendall asked.

I nodded, "I do, it's just... i don't want to hurt him. He's like a lost puppy, cute and sweet and just UGH! I don't know what to do."

It got quiet for a moment.

"Just date him Kenzie. We approve of him," Maddie says.

"And he makes you happy, he's not like Brandon who was a dick. John actually cares about you. If he didn't he wouldn't have gotten his ass beaten," Chloe explains.

"Plus, if you get married, you can be my sister-in-law," Lauren states.

I looked at her and laughed. They all make good points. But, the last thing I want is to hurt him. He's a sweetheart, he's different. I don't want him to change because of me. Especially because I make so many stupid decisions.

The doorbell rang suddenly. I get up and go answer it. When I open it, I see the guys standing there smiling. They're holding grocery bags and bags from Home Depot.

"Um, what's up?" I say nervously.

"Get the girls, were going out," Carson smirked.