Chapter 22; Fourth of July

Johnny's POV

I felt bad for what happened with Mackenzie. The whole thing. I kept my promise though, I didn't tell anyone. I haven't told anyone now for three weeks.

Within those three weeks not much has happened. All I've really noticed is Mackenzie and Brandon's relationship growing apart everyday. Yet they're still together so, I don't understand. I mean, he treats her very harshly. However it's her life and it's her relationship, she makes those decisions.

Anyhow today is July fourth, aka the Fourth of July. America's birthday, and like all birthdays, we celebrate. However, this celebration is bigger. With fireworks, barbecues, beach or swimming pool and adults drinking alcohol while children have their sugary, caffeinated, and carbonated drinks.

I am usually not one for a celebration of any sorts, however, this time around it's different. I feel like it's because I have people to celebrate with. This year, instead of staying home locked away in my room, I was convinced to go out and celebrate with everyone.

Madison and Darian are coming along as well as Maddie and her friends. This should be interesting I guess but, I as usual do not wish to attend this gathering.

However I still get ready for it anyways. Wearing an American flag tank top, with white swim trunks and red low top Vans.

I look in the mirror and examine my outfit. Several weeks ago the thought of remotely considering to own a pair of shorts made me cringe with great discomfort. The thought of spending most of my days outside with Neanderthals such as Brandon would make me want to curl in a ball and lock myself away in my room. But, that was several weeks ago. This is now.

Now, I am no longer too uncomfortable with the thought of shorts and a tank top. Now, I don't mind spending my days outside. Not with Brandon, but, I think you get what I mean.

I was so wrapped in my thoughts I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. I turn and smiled weakly.

"Hello there."

"Hey stranger," she smiled walking up to me. "You look very patriotic."

"Thank you, you do as well," I say observing her outfit.

She's wearing a pair of American flag short shorts, with a white shirt with Coca-Cola written in red and all white adidas. Her hair is done in French braids and she has a bandana in her hair.

"So how do I look?" Mackenzie asked.

"Very patriotic," I smiled.

She giggles, "thank you. And I was wondering if I could borrow a shirt for later. In case it gets cold you know?"

I nodded and pulled out a dark blue and white, baseball tee. I handed it to her and she smiled, "thank you."

"You're welcome," I say.

"I might do an outfit change later. Want to see what I was thinking?" She asked.

"Sure."

She smiled and lays out my shirt, a pair of regular jean shorts and cowboy boots. It looks very nice.

I nodded and smiled at her, "it's very nice," I say.

"Thanks John. Well we better start going," she says.

I nodded and collect my stuff. Following her out of my room and downstairs to meet up with everyone else.

-

We've been at the beach for I would say five hours now. In an hour we're heading back home and changing, then going back out again. I know there's going to be a lot of fireworks tonight.

I overheard Hayden and Jacob talking, saying how they bought a total of $4,000 worth of fireworks. So this should be very interesting.

Anyhow, I walk back over to our little set up. Taking a seat, I put on my sunglasses and stare at everyone passing by. Then I look out at the water. Seeing my group of friends, messing around. Splashing the water at each other. Then Brandon and Mackenzie exchanging saliva.

I wanted to gag at the thought of it. It's absolutely disgusting. I don't understand the appeal of exchanging saliva with one. I don't understand the appeal of any of it. I find it rather appalling.

That's just me though. I sighed and started to gather our things up. When they got back most everything was packed so we just headed to the cars.

We went back to my and Lauren's house and all got changed. I wore a black Famous shirt with red lettering, skinny jeans and checkerboard slip on Vans.

I won't go into too much detail about what everyone else was wearing, but, Mackenzie did wear the outfit with my shirt. She looked very pretty.

"Okay let's head out," Hayden says.

And so we did. We collected all the fireworks and multiple coolers and drove out to the middle of no where. It was all grassland, with a small lake.

We set up our fireworks and set them off. Watching each brightly colored explosion go off. Then the loud boom afterwards.

"You know why the boom goes off after the explosion?" I ask Mackenzie.

"No, why?" Kenzie asked.

"Because light travels faster than sound. So that's why we see the light first. Then the explosion comes moments later," I explain.

"Ya cool now shut up," Brandon said mindlessly.

I rolled my eyes and stared up at the fireworks. I leaned over and grabbed a drink from the cooler. The rest of the night, well, just went on from there.

Hey guys here's a new chapter. I hope you liked it.

And in regards to last chapter when I asked for your opinions on the stories, everyone requested Bones which I finished and that's why I was asking for you guys to request other stories.

Anyhow, Green Eyed Ghost is going to be a story in the future. I was thinking a Halloween story. So I brought it down to six options.

Nicotine; where Mackenzie becomes Johnny's tutor and swears that she won't fall for him but becomes addicted.

The Voices; where Mackenzie develops schizophrenia and she doesn't tell anyone. What will happen in the end?

Counting Down the Days; Mackenzie has cancer and she counts down the days she has left on this planet.

The Pieces Left Behind; inspired by 13 Reasons Why. Mackenzie kills herself and leaves everyone wondering why. Until one day Johnny Orlando receives a box.

Copycat Effect; a psychological term where when someone of a high status does something everyone will copy.

Weaklings; inspired by the song Weak by AJR

Anyways that's the choices I'll write whichever gets the most votes and yeah that's it. Thank you guys so much.

Bye loves xoxo