Chapter 28; We're...

Mackenzie's POV

John's special, he's special to me. He means a lot to me. He makes me feel special, like I matter. I know who I am when I'm with him.

I had a great night last night. Even though it was his first time, it was amazing. He was amazing. He is amazing.

I feel like amazing is used too much. Yet, I can't think of another word to describe him. Amazing is just the only word I can think of. But, it's true, he's amazing.

We plan to tell everyone today. That we're dating. I'm telling Maddie first. She's my sister, so i think she should know first. So with that said, I am now on my way to her apartment.

I walk into the building and go up to the fourth floor. I walk to her front door, and knock. Waiting for her to answer. When she finally did she smiled at me. As if she was happy to see me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Maddie asked.

"I wanted to talk for a bit. Is that okay?" I ask.

She nods and lets me in. I walk and sit down on her couch. Maddie smiled and sat down next to me.

"So what's up baby sis?"

"First, don't call me that, I'm sixteen. Second, I have news. You're going to be happy too," I say.

"What is it?" Maddie asked.

I smiled and looked at her, "John and I are dating."

Her jaw dropped and she hugged me. "You're being serious?" Maddie questioned.

I nodded.

"No way! I'm so happy! You two are cute together!" Maddie gushed.

I laughed and smiled at her. "Well luckily I got your blessing."

She smiled and let go of me. She leans back on the couch. "So when was it official?" She asked.

"Last night. Long story short, he asked me out on a date at his house, I said yes and then he asked me to be his girlfriend. And well, after that, things were interesting," I explain.

"You smashed," Maddie stated.

I blushed and tried to hide my grin.

"You did smash!" Maddie gasped.

I laughed and listened to her rant about it. About how I'm too young and all this stuff.

"Please don't tell me your pregnant too," Maddie begged.

"I'm not okay. Look, I just wanted to tell you we were dating," I say simply. With that I stand up and so does she.

"What? No don't leave," Maddie insisted, grabbing my wrist. "Look I was just messing with you."

"No, I know madz I just, I don't know. Just thought you had work or something," I say.

"Nope, I'm free. Now have you told mom yet?" Maddie asked.

I shake my head, "she doesn't care who I date. She's either too busy working or now drinking to care. Ever since Greg fucked us over everything's gone to shit."

She takes a deep breath and exhales deeply. Wrapping her arms around me, pulling me back down to the couch.

"What's been going on?" Maddie asked.

"Mom started drinking. She's smoking more than usual, and it's just, ridiculous."

"Wanna stay here for a few days?" Maddie asked.

I shake my head, "you have Kendall and Chloe staying here. You don't need to add me too," I decline.

"No, seriously, stay here. Mom can try to fix things that are going on. So I'm not taking no for an answer," Maddie insisted.

I nod knowing I'm not going to win this fight. "Fine I'll stay, just for a few nights though."

She nodded smiling at me. That I finally gave in.

-

We sat in the booth at Chili's watching our group gather into it. They all were talking about things I wasn't paying attention to.

"So guys, beach trip again?" Jacob suggested.

"Depends on when, I'm working all this week," I say.

"How about Friday, when you get off work. We can make a trip out of it," Brynn suggested.

"Ya, and my parents have a beach house in Santa Monica, we can chill there," Carson states.

"Sounds like a plan. Who's in?" Lauren smiled.

Everyone agreed. Even John, who I was surprised about. I figured he'd say no. Well, I guess I really did change him.

"So Mackenzie you in?" Carson asked.

I nodded, "I get off at five. We can go then," I say.

They smiled and they talked about something else. I didn't listen. I was too busy thinking about how I'm going to tell them about John and I dating.

"Guys, John and I want to tell you something," I blurt.

They all turn towards me and John. I look up and smile at John. Then at them.

"We're dating," John admits.