Chapter 6; Wouldn't Hurt

Johnny's POV

I looked over at my sister. Who was insisting I go out again.

"John, you know you had fun last night. Come on! Just go out again! Please!" Lauren begged.

I sighed and turn to her. "I shall think about it. Until then, I will be at the science center doing my research," I say.

I take my keys and walk out to my car. I get in and start it up. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way down to the science center. I drive down the street and think.

I think about whether or not it's worth it to go out again. I mean, they said they were my friends. I never had friends. I'm pretty intrigued by the thought of it.

I pulled up to the science center. I parked the car and entered the building. I walk to the elevator and go to the twenty-first floor.

Once there I make my way down to the lab. Opening the door I see Dr. Miller, jotting down something on paper.

"Greetings Dr. Miller," I say, walking inside.

She turns back and smiled at me. "Hello Johnny."

I approach her, and put on a lab coat. So I wouldn't get anything on my clothes. I grabbed gloves and place them on my hands.

"What are you observing?" I ask.

"The frontal lobe of this brain. As you can see the tumor, this could have affect many things while the person was alive," Dr. Miller explains.

"The possibilities are endless. It could've effected Personality, behavior, emotions.
Judgment, planning, problem solving, speaking and writing, body movement. Intelligence, concentration, self awareness," I state.

"That must've been torture for the family. Especially with that many things that it could effect. But, speaking of the brain, how's yours? How was your experiment?" Dr. Miller asked.

"It went well I'd say. I was invited to socialize with them again today," I say. "I'm not sure if I should go or not."

"If it were me, I would go. I mean, you said it went well correct?" Dr. Miller asks.

I nodded, "they seemed to like me. Well, all except one. But, they all liked me so it seemed so, I guess it wouldn't hurt to continue spending time with them."

Abby smiled at me and nodded. "There you go. Now, explain, what happened?"

"Well, they were asking me things about myself. And they all seemed intrigued. They said that in their friend and apart of their squad. I figured it was good. I am not quite certain if they genuinely mean it or not however," I explain.

"I say test the waters. See how it goes," Dr. Miller suggests. "Like I said, treat it as an experiment."

I nodded and turned to Dr. Miller, "the tumor, do you know if it's cancer?"

"I just sent in the tests, we will find out soon. But, to get back to the topic, where are you going to tonight?" Dr. Miller questioned.

I shrugged, "I shall find out later," I smiled.

-

I start up my car and start to drive home. As I do, I see Mackenzie. She's waiting outside of the restaurant she works at.

I pulled over.

"Hello Mackenzie," I greeted.

She turns and smiled at me. "Hello Johnny. What are you doing here?" Mackenzie asked.

"I'm returning home from the science center. What about you?"

"I just got off work," Mackenzie responded.

"Would you like a ride?" I question. I may not like people but, I do have manners.

"I would love one. Thank you," Mackenzie smiled, getting in the passengers seat. "You can just take me back to your house. I'll borrow clothes from Lauren."

I nodded and started driving.

"So do you ever get hot?" Mackenzie asked.

"Pardon?"

"You wear long sleeve and jeans all the time. Doesn't it get hot?" Mackenzie questioned.

I shrugged, "well if you could tell by my skin, I don't go out much. So no really," I respond.

"Why don't you go out?" Mackenzie asked.

"Well Mackenzie-"

"Call me Kenzie," she smiled.

I nodded. "Well Kenzie, I've always been more intrigued on why, and why things happen. I've never been liked, I remember being younger and I was picked on because I couldn't kick a ball, so outdoors and anything physically challenging has never been a strong suit for me," I explained.

"Oh I'm sorry John," Kenzie says. "Well, if it makes you feel better, we all like you. We think you're really sweet. So we can teach you how to kick a ball."

"If you do that it'll be ten years too late," I laughed.

She laughs too.

I pulled up to my house and parked the car. We both walk inside and I waited twenty minutes to go back out again.

When we do, we go to Carson's house. Where the girls direct me where to go. When I pulled up, multiple cars were in the driveway.

I followed the girls and we approached the front door. Lauren rang the bell, moments later the door opened revealing Carson.

"Hey guys, everyone's in the living room," Carson smiled.

I was the last to walk in. Carson closed the door behind me and we walked to the living room. Seeing the group from yesterday.

"Hey girls! Hey Johnny," they greet.

I wave uncomfortably. And stand there, with my hands in my pockets. Just like yesterday.

"John, come sit down," Hayden said, patting the seat next to him.

Hesitantly I walk over and sit down. Still feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Dude relax, I don't bite," Hayden said.

"Sorry, I just seem to find myself uncertain on how I feel about all of this," I apologize.

"Nah it's fine. New things are scary but, we like you. Just chill," Hayden smiled.

"I'm not sure how to chill. I'm basically wired to be this way," I explain.

Brandon came up to me, with a can of beer. "This is how you chill," he says giving it to me.

I take it confused and looked at my sister concerned. I'm the one driving home. I can't drink.

"John, just one drink. It won't hurt. Plus mom and dad won't find out. I swear," Lauren says.

I eyed her and sighed. So this is what peer pressure feels like I thought.

I crack open the can and bring it to my mouth. I can smell the stench of the beer, filling my nostril. I'm immediately appalled. But, I still try it. Since they say I need to chill. Whatever that means.

After I finished, I see Lauren smiling at me.

"I told you it wouldn't hurt," she says.

Sorry I haven't updated. I've been super busy lately and haven't had the chance. I've also been working on my Christmas stories and so far I'm almost done with one of them. Yes there will be more than one Christmas story. Well I hope I can.

So just give me time I'm working on it trying to make it great. Anyhow the song is Cancer covered by Twenty One Pilots. Originally sung by My Chemical Romance.

Hope you liked the chapter.

Bye loves xoxo