Chapter 20; Insecure

Johnny's POV

After the events from last night. I couldn't help but to feel pity for Mackenzie. She doesn't deserve to have that happen to her.

One thing that caught my attention was how she thinks of herself. She doesn't love herself that much. She doesn't have much confidence either.

I don't get quite why and yes that does bother me. However this is a different situation. With people, I find myself very confused. I can't tell a lot of things. Emotions, sarcasm; stuff like that. That's why I find psychology and the brain so intriguing.

It tells you stuff about a person. How they work, how they interact with others and what not.

I decided to head down to the lab today. I would like to talk to Dr. Miller about this. We can talk and do a lot of stuff with this.

I get up and shower. Washing my hair and body, exiting with a towel around my waist. Entering my room I head towards the closet, pulling out ripped skinny jeans, a Stussy T-shirt and black Adidas.

I get ready and exit my house, grabbing my keys on the way out. I enter my Jeep and start up he car. After I put my seatbelt on, then drive away.

I take my time and drive down to the science cent. Parking in my usual spot, and walking to the elevator and up to the twenty first floor.

I exit the elevator and head towards the lab. When I enter I do my usual routine. I approached her and take a seat.

"Hello there John, how are you doing today?" Dr. Miller greets, looking up from the computer.

"I am quite flustered today. I seek, advice Dr. Miller," I responded.

"Why is that John?" Dr. Miller asked.

I take a deep breath and look up at her, "you know my friend Mackenzie?" I question.

She nods.

"Well last night she came over. Her step father was drunk and had beaten her. She was telling me she feels useless, and unimportant. I just don't understand. She seems confident when you first talk to her. Now though, I'm not too sure," I explain.

"Well Johnny, I can't tell you why she feels like that. You need to ask her that. Yet, I can suggest a few things," Dr. Miller responded.

"May you please?"

She nods and takes a seat next to me. "Well, all girls around that age find themselves very insecure. She probably feels insecure about herself, or someone probably said or did something to her when she was young. Therefore she feels weak and useless," Dr. Miller explains. "Do you know about her childhood or anything?"

I shake my head no. "I've only actually known her for a few weeks. In the past when I'd see her I wouldn't talk to her the way I do now. So no, yet, I do recall when she was younger always seeming to be afraid or fidgety," I recollect.

I remember the times she'd come over with Lauren when we were young. She seemed afraid, always looking over her shoulder. Or the times where she'd flinch when someone went for a high five or a fist bump.

Maybe something did happen and I just never realized it until now.

-

I knocked on the door a number of three times. I waited several moments for someone to answer. When the door opened I see the petite light brown haired girl behind it.

"Hey John,"

"Hello Maddie, may I come in?" I ask.

"Ya of course," Maddie said, allowing me to enter the house.

"So what's up? What are you doing here?" Maddie asked taking a seat on the couch.

I follow next to her and take a seat. Wrapping my arm around one of the pillows that rested upon the couch.

"Well, it's about Mackenzie," I begin.

"I heard about it today. Thank you for letting her stay there John," Maddie interrupts.

"You're very welcome. But, I have a question about her," I proceed.

"What is it?" Maddie questioned.

"Well, due to the events that occurred last night, it has been brought up to my observations that your sister doesn't seem to love herself. She finds herself, in a state I would call depression. When I talked to Dr. Miller about this, being that I am not one to understand emotions and the sorts, she brought up a possibility that maybe something traumatic happened in your sisters childhood and she could still me holding on to that," I lectured.

"So you came to ask me if it's true," Maddie says.

I nod, "precisely. I wasn't sure if I should ask Mackenzie or not. If anything did happen, I didn't want her to be upset," I explain. "I do recollect her being a bit skittish when we were younger, but I never really took too much thought to it."

Maddie sighs and gives me a look, "Johnny, you're a sweet boy. It's nice you're worried about my sister but, I think it might be better for her to tell you on her time," Maddie states.

"But that may never happen."

"Maybe it will, maybe it won't. John, if Mackenzie wanted to say something, she'd tell you," Maddie sighs.

"Yes but, I don't want to make her upset. Please, just tell me," I begged.

Maddie sighs and takes a hold of my hand. I do feel rather uncomfortable but, I let it happen.

"Okay."

What's up guys!

Y'all finally got to the goal but here's the update.

What do y'all think Maddie's going to tell Johnny? What's Mackenzie's deep dark secret?

If you want to find out get the chapter to 125 votes (we can try again) and 120 comments. And they have to be actually comments not some random ass letters or letters jumbled together or just emojis.

You do that I raise the votes.

That's it for today hope you enjoyed.

Bye loves xoxo