Chapter 34; You What?!

Johnny's POV

I sat in my room alone with Bentley. It was nighttime. My first night home from the hospital. It was nice to sleep in my own bed instead.

I laid there on my bed thinking. Thinking of everything. Trying to remember who was who, what happened, just everything.

"Bentley, I wish you could help me," I say, petting his head.

After some time he gets up and gets something from the other side of the room. Ending up being his ball.

"You want to play?" I question, taking the ball from him.

I toss it and it knocked something over.

"Crap!"

I quickly get up and limp over picking everything up. I was right in front of my grandfathers trunk, I sighed and placed my hand on top of my dresser, pulling myself up.

I grab the paper that was at the top and see the letter my grandfather left me. I sighed and take with me. Sitting back on my bed, I lay back and stare at the white envelope with my name written on it.

I sighed and finally opened it.

To my grandson,

John Vincent Orlando, you weren't my only grandson but, you were my favorite. You had a bright spirit in you. I saw this from the moment I first saw you. You had this look in your eye. When I first saw you, I realized you weren't like everyone else. You were special. A good special.

As you grew, I saw a bit of me in you as you got older. You were curious, bright, cunning. I knew as you get older you would be like me. As you know science was my thing as well. I was just like you, well, I was exactly like you. It was until one summer I found who I really was. I found out more about me than I ever did.

The summer was when I met your grandmother. She showed me things I never experienced. I never would've thought I'd like.

I was more logical and restricted. You're grandmother was a free spirit. She wasn't sure who she was. I helped her find that. That summer was a summer I'll never forget.

So to my grandson, who is too much like me for his own good, I leave a trunk of my things. And a bit of my knowledge and experience.

Knowing is nice. Knowing reassures us what will happen. But, we won't know everything. We won't know when we will get hurt, we won't know when we will fail, and we won't know when we fall in love. Sometimes when it's too late. As much as we like knowing, not knowing is apart of life.

That's what life is. Not knowing. Staying in our shell and sheltered from everything, that isn't life. So live life not knowing. Have fun. Experience life and enjoy your life.

I love you John. Never forget me. I know you won't but, it's a nice reassurance.

Love,
Grandpa

-

It's been over a week since the hospital. Everyone's been coming over and trying to help me regain my memory. Although I only remember Carson, Hayden and Jacob. The girls I don't know.