Chapter 7

Ash's POV

I woke up in my bed the next morning. I panicked a little, feeling an arm wrapped around me. "Babe, you okay?" Seth spoke. He clearly had just woken up as well, "Yeah, I'm fine" I yawned. "What happened?" I rolled over and cuddled into Seth's neck. "You fell asleep halfway through Tinkerbell" he laughed. I frowned as I realized I had school today, "Do I have to go?" I asked Seth. He was about to respond when Aaron came in. "I see you're both awake, you might wanna get dressed for school little miss" he pointed at me, making me giggle.

I got up and went to shower. Once I was finished I brushed and curled my hair. I'm gonna talk to Aaron about adding some color. I pulled on a Nirvana shirt, ripped black jeans, some black heeled boots, a black beanie with lacey cat ears, and did my makeup. My makeup consisted of a simple grey eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and matte black lipstick. (Photo above or to side.) I decided I'd put my lip ring in another day and exited my bathroom to find Seth asleep still. I smiled and jumped on the bed "Babe wake up" I said, drawing out the word 'up'. He groaned and rolled over "Woah, you look beautiful" he smiled and tried to kiss me. "No kissing, I'm wearing makeup" I laughed and went downstairs. "Aaron, am I riding the bus today?" I asked. He nodded and I frowned, sitting down to eat a biscuit. Hopefully today would be better. My wrist was healing slowly from bitch face, and my cheek wasn't bruised, so it was all good. I texted Jade 'Riding the bus today. See you when you get on.' she quickly responded with 'Alright. That's fine. Save me a seat!!!'

When Jade got on the bus she sat with me, and we both talked about what's happened. I told her about Aaron going to the school, and how he seems to be accepting my relationship with Seth. "Well, personally, I think Seth is a great guy and you guys are gonna be just fine" she smiled. Eventually the bus stopped and we had to go to class. Seeing as how we've got every class together, it wasn't a big deal. I bit my lip as I began to daydream in class. Today, unlike most school days, I didn't have to worry about the drama. Apparently we have a school dance coming up, so all the girls were trying to figure out who to take. "Well? Who're you gonna ask?" Jade looked to me expectantly. I smiled, "Seth. Duh."

She laughed and looked over to the new girl in our class. The new girl seemed really shy, but she walked over to where we were and sat in the seat next to mine. "Hi, I'm Ashton" I waved. "And I'm Jade. What's your name?" Jade asked her. "H-hi I'm Penny. I just moved here..." she trailed off. "Nice to meet you, Penny. Do you wanna sit with us at lunch?" She nodded and I smiled. By the time lunch came around I discovered that so far Penny had the exact same classes as Jade and me. It was kinda cool.

Penny sat down with us at lunch and I smiled softly. "I love your hair! I wish mine was auburn like that," I smiled as I looked at Penny. "Thank you, I usually wear it in a ponytail, but I decided to wear it down today." Penny said softly. "It looks very pretty down," I smiled at her. A small blush formed on her cheeks as she ate her lunch quietly. "Woah, who is that?" I asked. A girl with long blonde hair entered the cafeteria. Her hair had electric blue tips and I'm pretty sure I saw a nose ring. "That's Alexis. She's Queen Bee around here. She's dating this guy in college, but she won't tell anyone who he is. I guess maybe she doesn't want people to bother him or something." I shrugged and ate some of my pizza. "Who knows? Dude I don't wanna go to the dance cause then I have to wear a dress... But I wanna go cause hello Seth." Penny laughed softly, "I'm gonna go on a limb and say that Seth is your boyfriend?" I nodded. "Yeah see I don't understand relationships. They're pointless. Someone always gets hurt." I quietly thought about what she said and then I finished eating my pizza and threw away my plate. Maybe she's right, I thought. Why would Seth date me of all people? He could have anyone. I'm sure Alexis would love to have him... I shook my head and began walking back over to the lunch table to see Jade and Penny talking about the dance.

By the time school was over and I was home, I just wanted to sleep. That's all I wanted. Sleep. I walked through the door and looked at Seth. "I have a question for you sir." He raised an eyebrow, "Okay....?" I giggled and sat next to him, "Will you go to the school dance with me?" I asked him. "Of course babygirl," I smiled and kissed him. I heard Aaron make a sound of disgust. "Seth can I speak with you a moment? Alone." Aaron said. I smiled and went upstairs to get a hot shower.

Seth's POV:

"What's up dude?" I asked, looking at Aaron. "Did you forget you've got a girlfriend who goes to school there?" My eyes widened. "Shit. I forgot about Alexis. Holy shit what do I do?" I began to panic. "I'm not sure what to tell you man. But you might want to figure it out before the dance." I looked down and bit my lip. Ugh. What do I do? Do I break up with Alexis or do I break up with Ashton or do I leave them both? Do I not say anything? What do I do? I sighed and went to my room. The only way to do this is to talk to Ashton. I sat there and texted Alexis. "Babe we need to talk." She responded, "K meet me at the ice cream parlor in 20." I didn't respond. I quickly threw on some different clothes and ran out the door.

By the time I got there she was already sitting down and she had ordered herself some ice cream. "Hey baby, what's up?" She asked me. "You know I'd never cheat, right?" I asked. She immediately looked at me. "Yeah, what's this about?" I sighed, "Are you going to your school dance?" She shook her head, "No, my parents and I are going out of town that weekend. Why?" I bit my lip. "You know how Aaron adopted a girl?" She nodded. "She wants me to go with her to the dance because she doesn't have anyone else to go with, and I said I'd go." A pause. "Okay, that's fine. I trust you. Besides, it's not like you're gonna be kissing or anything," she smiled. "So, what's her name?" I laughed, "Her names Ashton. Thank you for being okay with this." I stayed and we ate ice cream for like an hour, then I headed back home.

I walked in the door and was greeted with the sound of soft crying. Aaron wasn't home. I went up the stairs and the first thing I saw was Ashton on the floor. Fuck. "Baby what's wrong?" I asked as I gently held her. She shook her head kept crying. I picked up her phone. Hate. 10 people put her in a group chat and were hating on my babygirl. I typed back, "This is her boyfriend. Leave my babygirl the fuck alone or I'll deal with you myself." And hit send. She sniffled and I held her closer. "It's okay baby, don't listen to them. They're wrong. You're beautiful and I love you more than anything." She nodded and fell asleep in my arms.