Chapter 17

Aaron's

I got off the phone and looked at Ash, "Ash, do you want to meet my girlfriend?" She tilted her head to the side, thought for a moment, and decided on an answer. "Is she nice?" Ash asked softly, "Very. She wouldn't hurt a fly." She giggled and nodded, "Sure, I'd love to meet her."

"Oh, wait, Megan's coming over?" Seth asked once Ash responded. I nodded. Megan and I have been dating for almost 2 years. She lives in California, which is where we met, and every once in a while she comes to visit. I think on our 2 year anniversary I'm going to propose. She's the love of my life.

Everyone was full at this point, so we just took the left overs home. Pizza is never to be thrown away if it's still edible. Ever. We all piled back into vehicles and rode to my house in a comfortable silence. I got out and unlocked the door, opening it and letting everyone in. "Ash, do you wanna go change?" I asked her. She was in jeans and t shirt and I'm just not sure how they still fit. She's lost a lot of weight so now she's even tinier. She nodded and I showed her to her room. "Everything might be a little big on you, I'll have to take you shopping again soon so we can get some clothes that fit right." She nodded and dug through her drawers. I smiled and closed her door, heading back down the stairs.

"Okay so Ash is changing. I say we watch a movie. Any ideas?" Seth immediately screamed "Mean Girls! Please please please please please!!!!" I laughed along with everyone else, "Mean Girls it is." I popped the movie in and everyone got situated. Jade sat on one end of the couch, me on the other, Seth sat between us, Erik sat on the loveseat and Penny took the recliner. Once Ash made it downstairs she sat next to Erik, since it was the only open seat, and I pressed play.

About an hour into the movie the door bell rang, but I answered it since I knew it would be Megan. I smiled as she stepped in, giving me a kiss. "Hi baby," I said as I hugged her. I kissed her again and we headed toward the couch. Seth got up so Megan could sit with me and he pulled up a bean bag chair from the storage room. Megan curled into my side as we watched the movie and I noticed that Ash was laying on Erik's shoulder, which made me smile.

By the time the movie had ended Ash had fallen asleep on Erik. It was now about 10:30 so we all decided to go to bed. "You guys can stay here. We have a spare bedroom. Erik can sleep in there and there's enough room on Ash's bed for Penny and Jade to sleep with Ash, unless Jade wants to share with Erik." Erik yawned and picked Ash up, careful not to wake her. "Where's her room?" He asked, probably intending to carry her to bed. "Up the stairs, down the hall, 3rd door on the right. Bathroom is across from her room. Spare bed room in the second door on the right." He nodded and we all headed to bed.

Megan followed me into my room and I changed into my pajamas pants. "You want a shirt? If not I'll go get your suitcase, I don't mind." She laughed at me, "When would I ever pass up am opportunity to sleep in one of your shirts?" I smiled, tossing her the one with the little black stars on the sleeve. It was her favorite shirt of mine. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before turning on the fan and air conditioner. I slipped under the covers and waited for Megan. I knew what was taking so long. She was most likely removing her makeup and cleaning her face.

Roughly 15 minutes later she exited the bathroom and climbed into bed beside me. I could smell the mint radiating from her breath, indicating she had just brushed her teeth as well. "There's a fair in town this weekend, do you wanna go?" I asked, "Oh my gosh, yes! I LOVE fairs!" She giggled and I kissed her cheek. "Alright baby. After Ash gets home from school, we can go. I gotta get up early so I can take Penny home to change into school clothes. Unless she wants to borrow something from Ash." Meg nodded before yawning. She laid her head on my chest and I wrapped an arm around her. Sleep was about to overcome me but Meg spoke. "Hey baby?" "Mmhm?" "Do you think Ash will like me?" "Of course I do. You're the sweetest girl I've ever met and you're the love of my life. You two will get along just fine." She breathed out a sigh of relief. "I love you," I spoke into her ear. "I love you, too. Sweet dreams." And I succumbed to the drowsiness.