Chapter 25

So guys I've made a decision. I usually hit space 5 times to attempt to indent the paragraphs but Wattpad doesn't show it that way once I've published. From now on, I'm going to center the text instead of it all being to the left. Love you guys!!!

-----------------------------

Aaron's POV

I looked over at Ash. She was clearly upset still, which was rather reasonable considering I was about to yell at her. "Ash, I'm sorry. I should have known you wouldn't do that. It was wrong of me to assume and take her side. Can you forgive me?" I pleaded with her. I truly felt bad. I should've listened when Seth first told me Megan was trouble. Now I know better. I won't make that mistake ever again. If Ash or Seth tell me they don't like the girl I'm with, I'm going to trust them and break things off. It may seem foolish, but I would rather be single than lose the two people who mean the most to me.

Ash hugged me, indicating that she forgives me. My grin grew even wider. I couldn't imagine ever losing Ashton. I jumped when my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I had a new text message. I opened the message and smiled seeing it was from my other best friend, Haven. Haven Liberty Woods has been my best friend since kindergarten. We met in class, discovered we were neighbors, and have been best friends ever since. Maybe it's time for Ash to meet Haven. I messaged Haven and told her she should come over soon.

I looked down at the ring still in my hand, "I'll be right back." I rushed into my room and began rummaging through drawers looking for it. I checked the shoebox of memories I kept in the top of my closet. Bingo. I pulled the sterling silver chain out, sliding the ring onto it. I spent a lot of money on this ring. I know exactly what to do with it.

I exited my room and approached Ash. "Turn around for me, please," I spoke softly. "Why?" She asked wearily, "Trust me, Ash." She nodded and turned around. I reached around and fastened the chain around her neck, the chain was long enough where the ring could sit just under the top of her shirt. "This chain was my brothers. This is a promise ring. I promise you that no matter what I will always be here for you. I promise you that I will never let someone come between us. I promise you that I will shoot any boy that hurts you. I promise you that I love you and will never ever take you back to that orphanage, or any other orphanage for that matter."

She sniffled and hugged me tightly, burying her head in my neck. I squeezed her back and held her close. I won't let some asshole hurt my daughter. I felt the warm tears as they soaked into my shirt. I rubbed Ash's back softly, holding her closely. Erik stood there smiling. I respected him, even if he did punch me in the jaw once. I deserved it.

-------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

I pulled away from Aaron and wiped away the remaining tears. It was a very sweet father daughter moment. I slid my finger through the ring as it rested on the chain. I will always treasure this. I hugged Aaron again, "Thank you, this really means a lot to me. I love you."

"I love you too, Ash." I could hear Erik sniffle and I laughed, "Awwww, we made him cry!" Erik wiped his face, "What? No! I had lint in my eyes, gosh." I giggled and kissed his cheek, "It's okay babe." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Ew, no! No kisses ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!" Aaron groaned. "Gosh you sound like Jade." At the moment I heard Jade say "Yeah, but he didn't walk in on a drunk you trying to---" I clamped my hand over her mouth, shooting her a glare.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that last part. Did I hear you were drunk, Ashton?" I nodded, glaring at Jade again. "Sorry Ashy," She said while blushing. "Why were you drinking?" He asks, looking at me. "I honestly don't remember. Oh, wait, yeah I was frustrated with Megan and just wanted to forget everything. It's not a good reason. It's also not a big deal."

"Considering you did something that you don't want me to know about while you were drunk, it is a big deal. Ash, what did you do?" I looked at him in silemce, glancing at Erik. "Ashton Deja-vu Mae-ryn Scott what did you do?" Erik chuckled a little hearing my full name, making me frown. "I tried to screw Erik."

"I'm sorry, what?" Aaron looked furious. "I was drunk and when it was time to go to sleep I tried to get him to sleep with me. He told me no, that if I was going to do that to wait until I was sober." Aaron let out a sigh of relief, "I'm disappointed about the alcohol, but I'm glad you didn't do anything dumb. Erik, my respect for you has grown. Thank you for not taking advantage of her in her drunken state."