Chapter 36

Aaron's POV

I can't believe what I over heard on the phone. How could she? I'll admit I was pretty pissed, but when she explained what happened and took my gun, I calmed down. I sighed, took a deep breath, and looked at Ashton. "Ash, I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have assumed anything..." I spoke, but she just shook her head. "No, I understand why you freaked out. I know you're just trying to look out for me, but I need you to understand I've been looking out for myself for the past 13 years, I don't need anyone to look after me now."

I felt my heart shatter in my chest. My baby girl has been out there in a group home trying to survive on her own for 13 years. That's bullshit. I opened my arms and I could see the longing in her eyes. She needed someone, whether she wanted to admit it or not. "Ash.." I couldn't even get another word out before she was in my arms, bawling. She's been so strong for so long. I saw Erik start grabbing the ice cream and taking it inside. He's a good boy. Boy... no, he's a man. I forget we're the same age. I held Ashton as she cried into my shirt. Her sobs were muffled by the fabric of my shirt, which was now anything but dry.

About 10 minutes later Ash was all cried out, so I carried her inside and upstairs to her room. I sat her on the bed gently, but when I tried to leave she softly spoke, "Stay with me please." I gave a small smile before getting on the bed next to her and holding her close. I played with her hair until her breathing slowed, telling me she had dozed off. I carefully got out of her bed and left the room, making sure to crack her door. I took soft, quiet steps down the stairs. Once downstairs again I looked at all the people gathered in my living room.

"Ash is asleep upstairs. Please be quiet. When she wakes up we shall resume with our regularly scheduled activities." Erik chuckled softly before checking the time. Penny looked at me and said, rather eerily, "Keep an eye on her. Something's up." I raised an eyebrow but she just shook her head, repeating herself. Odd.

Half an hour later and Penny perked up, immediately glancing toward the stairs. "Aaron, go. Something is wrong!" I looked at her confused before she shouted at me again. I ran up the stairs and tried to open Ashton's door. It wasn't closed all the way when I left. Now it's locked. I banged on the door. I heard her crying. "Ash, let me in." More cries. "Ashton, open the door!" Still locked. I heard her make a grunt. She's in pain. "Ashton, I'm gonna break down this damn door!" I rammed my shoulder against it, to no avail. It didn't budge. I tried again. Nothing. "Erik!"

I heard Erik's footsteps before I saw him. "Stand back, I'm gonna kick it in." He stepped back before sending his foot, full force, against the door. The lock broke and the door caved in. The sight in front of my broke me inside. Ash was on the floor, blood dropping from various lines on her wrist. A silver blade was clutched in her right hand. The culprit. I cried out and fell to my knees holding her, while Erik dialed 911.

Roughly 10 minutes later Ash was in the back of the ambulance, with me riding shotgun. I was still bawling when we reached the hospital. I asked Jade, Chase, Kallie, and Haven to watch the house, but Erik, Penny, Luke, and Emily all piled into Erik's car. They were following closely behind. Why? What happened? Why would she do this? How did Penny know something was going to happen? All these thoughts raced through my head as I dug my nails into my palms. I was hurt and angry, I think I was more hurt than anything though. What if they can't save her? No. No. Don't think that way. She's gonna be okay. She's strong. She's so strong. Oh Ash...

I hopped out of the ambulance the moment it was in park. I ran inside the hospital and went to the nurses station, telling them the situation. I filled out the necessary paperwork. The only thing I didn't know what her blood type. Fuck. The nurse said they could draw a little blood and find out. "Would it hurt her? Hasn't she lost a lot of blood?" I asked frantically. "Well, not exactly. She does need blood, but we can take a small sample from her without it causing too many issues. Is anyone here related to her?" I shook my head, but I felt a glimmer of hope. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's okay to take a sample of our blood to see if any of us are compatible." Erik spoke up. I nodded as well as the others. "Alright, lets get you back here then."

Once the blood had been drawn, we were all sitting in the waiting room. They wouldn't let us back to see Ash yet because they were stitching up her arms. The cuts were deep. The nurse came out again, "We have an exact match!" I raised an eyebrow, "Wait, wouldn't that mean...?" She nodded. "Yes, one of you is related to Ashton. More than one actually. Sebastian and Emily Gardner? You're Ashton's
siblings. The three of you appear to be triplets."

•••••••••••••••••••
Huge thanks to my readers!! All 1000+ of you! Thank you so much guys! We're #80 in #emo!!!!