Chapter 24

Ash's POV

     I hopped into the passenger seat of Erik's car as we all prepared to go to my house. I smiled to myself. Knowing I had a home made me happy. I had a feeling that it would be my house for as long as I wanted to be there. I smiled once again as I realized just how much these boys loved me.

     Erik grabbed my hand as he turned off the car. "Jade drive carefully. Take the car back home or go have girl time with Penny and Kallie. I'll call you when we're done here," Erik spoke as he handed Jade the keys. I got out and waited for Erik to join me before going inside. I was rudely greeted by Megan. "Ew, get the hell out you fucking slut!" She barked. I rolled my eyes. I headed toward the hallway to knock on Aaron's door.

A hand yanked me by my hair as another slapped my cheek, causing it to sting. I've had enough. I punched Megan in the face causing her to scream. She stumbled a little bit and kicked me in the leg. I sat on top of her and punched her again. She laughed, "Fucking bitch! You think Aaron loves you? He doesn't, he's planning to take you back to the orphanage tonight!" I felt Erik tug at my waist and lift me off of Megan. The tears slipped down my cheek and fell on my shirt.

     In that moment I broke. I was done. I pushed Erik off of me and bolted from the front door. As I flee down the driveway I passed Aaron, who screamed my name. I shook my head. I kept running. I didn't know where I was going, but anywhere was better than here. I glanced behind me, seeing Erik was chasing me. I whimpered as I kept running. I glanced behind me again. Big mistake.

     I crashed into another person and we both fell to the ground. He let out an audible groan and I blushed deeply. His blue-green eyes met mine, causing me to blush even more. I heard foot steps behind me and began to get up. Once I rose to my feet I offered a hand to the boy, helping him up. Erik put his hand on my shoulder, "You okay, Prezioso?" I nodded. The boy had black hair to match mine, along with a black lip ring on the left side of his mouth. "I'm sorry for running into you. You alright?" I spoke as I looked at him. "Yeah, are you? You seemed upset," I grimaced at his words.

     "I'm Luke by the way," he extended his hand which I quickly shook. "I'm Ashton. This is my boyfriend Erik," at this moment the boys shook hands. "I'm okay, nothing I can't handle." He gave me a warm smile before holding his phone out. I raised my eyebrow as I took it. "Not trying to flirt, just think you might get along with my twin sister," I nodded as I entered my number into the iPhone 6S.

     "I'll see you later sometime, yeah?" I nodded, waving goodbye to Luke as I grabbed onto Erik's hand. We walked in silence back to Aaron's. I held my breath as I entered the house. Not seeing Megan or Aaron, I slowly exhaled. The relief was short lived. Aaron entered the room, his eyes ablaze. "Why did you attack my fiancé? What the hell Ash!" I grimaced at the tone of his voice before slowly breathing. "Please let me explain, Aaron. She yanked my hair and slapped me when I was heading to your room. I had no idea you were outside. Believe it or not, she's constantly putting me down and making me feel like I'm worthless when you're not around. I don't have any proof other than witnesses." Aaron rolled his eyes at my last sentence.

     "She's not lying, Aaron." I turned to see Seth standing with his phone in his hand. "I have a video of what happened today. Those security cams we set up a while ago?" He handed Aaron his phone after pressing play. I watched Aaron space as he watched the video and heard what was said. He was furious.

     "Meg!" He yelled, making me flinch at his sudden outburst. She came out of his room, glaring at me. "Let me see your hand." I rose an eyebrow before understanding what was happening. She held her hand out. He gripped it gently before pulling the ring from her finger. "The engagement is off. Get out." Her eyes widened and she laughed, "You're joking." He shook his head, "You disrespected Ash. You and I are done. Get out."

     She scoffed, "You're picking this slut over me? She's a screw up! She's trash!" I was done with this bitch; I punched her in the face. Immediately her nose began gushing blood. She screamed and held her nose. "Get the fuck out before I punch you again."