Chapter 20

Seth's POV

My eyes had never left Ash. It's a good thing too. The moment I saw her slip from the seat, I bolted. I was there in case she fell. Her hand slipped and she screamed. She was falling. Erik had the most horrified expression. The moment I caught her she wrapped her arms around me, sobbing into my shoulder. "Ash, it's okay. I've got you." Everyone got off the Ferris Wheel and Erik rushed over, "Seth, thank you so much. I don't know if I could've lived with myself if you hadn't caught her." Aaron put his hand on my shoulder and nodded.

Once Ash had calmed down I set her on her feet. Erik hugged her and she squeezed him back. I smiled. Sure, I still loved Ash, but I have a kid on the way. I need to be focused on Alexis. Speaking of, I wonder if she's here. I sent her a message and waited for a response.

"Boo!" I jumped. "Alexis! You scared me." I laughed softly, hugging her. Aaron gave a look of curiosity and I shook my head to say I'd explain later. "So, um, is there a chance we can just go play the games? I'm not sure I want to go on anymore rides," Ash spoke softly. Erik spoke up, "We can always go play more darts. And they have some super fun slides. Oh, and I kinda want some funnel cake. Food break?"

"Well, I do need to eat. All this hunger won't be good for the baby," my eyes widened. I had yet to tell anyone other than Penny that Alexis was pregnant. "What baby?" Aaron asked, looking at me. "Oh, Seth hasn't told you yet?" Jade butted in, "No, he hasn't told us anything." "Well actually, he told me. He just wasn't sure how to say it to everyone else. Alexis is pregnant with his child," Penny said. "He didn't want Ash to know just yet because he thought she would be upset, but since she doesn't remember they were together, it won't matter now. Of course, she's most likely going to regain her memory soon, but until then, she won't care. And hopefully she will be cool with it once she does remember. Would suck if things got tense at home for you three." My eyes widened.

"Actually, I have been getting fragments of memories back. When the hell did I go to a bar? And when exactly, Erik, did I sleep with you?" Aaron choked on his drink and spit it out. "Excuse me?!" Erik's eyes widened, "No no no not like that!" I balled my fist up. He better not have taken advantage of her.

"Guys, chill the fuck out. I didn't mean sex, I meant I slept in the damn bed next to him." Oh. Good. "Dudes, that was the night of the sleepover. You went to the bar and you got drunk. You said you'd stop drinking if Erik kissed you. You sat in his lap, you guys kissed, I drove everyone home. He was gonna let you sleep alone but you asked him to stay with you. You also had a nightmare that night," Jade informed us.

"Well that was awkward," Kallie muttered. "Okay well I vote we go eat food and then we play darts," Chase spoke. Ash nodded. Aaron still seemed fairly pissed. Alexis walked beside me, Kallie and Chase were having a conversation in front of us, something about Final Fantasy, Aaron and Megan were behind us, Penny and Jade were in front of Kallie and Chase laughing about how Penny has somehow managed to carry the Red Panda, who has been named Lillian, around all day, and Erik and Ashton were behind the rest of us, having a hushed conversation.

I could see kids running around stuffing cotton candy in their faces everywhere. Literally. I saw couples walking and holding hands, guys trying to win prizes for their ladies, pregnant teens with their boyfriends, parents relentlessly chasing their little ones. The fair is a wonderful place. I bit my lip as I thought. What if I hadn't caught Ash? Would she have survived? Would she have died? It bothered me.

We arrived at the booth and came to a decision. We decided to order 6 funnel cakes. Jade and Chase both wanted their own, but the rest of us were willing to share. So, Erik and Ash, Aaron and Meg, Penny and Kallie, and Alexis and I shared the remaining 4 funnel cakes. Yum. I accidentally bit the inside of my cheek as I chewed, causing it to bleed. Ugh. Bloody funnel cake does not taste very good. I swallowed my food then sucked on my cheek in order to stop the bleeding. Jade and Chase were having a race to see who could eat funnel cake the fastest. Ash and Erik were both talking again in hushed voices, but I could understand part of the conversation, "sex....bed....us.....Jade asleep....tomorrow night...." oh hell to the motherfucking no. No. No. No. I texted Aaron telling him what I overheard but telling him to wait until we get home to talk to Ash about it.

A/N: y'all didn't think she was dead did you? Can't kill off the main character. The whole story is literally named after her. Minus the POV part and this, the chapter was 867 words. Oof.