Chapter 18

Ash's POV

I woke up to find Penny sleeping on the other side of my bed. Okay. I quietly get out of bed and slip into the shower. I take a quick shower before getting dressed in my ripped jeans, a Nickelback t-shirt, and my combat boots with a leather jacket. I let my hair down and consider asking Aaron about dying it. I wake Penny up, "Hey, we have school today, gotta get up." She mumbles, not wanting to move, "I'll make bacon" "Okay I'm up" I laugh at her. "Can I borrow some clothes?" I nod, "Help yourself."

I go downstairs and begin cooking breakfast. I crack some eggs and pour the pancake mix in so I can make batter. I then put bacon in another pan and let it cook. I throw some chocolate chips in the batter before pouring two circles on the pan. Yum. I begin softly singing, "When my time comes forget the wrong that I've done, help me leave behind some reasons to be missed... And when you're feeling empty keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest, leave out all the rest..." I hear clapping, which makes me jump. I turn to see Erik leaning against the island, "You sing good, Prezioso." I blush as I flip the pancakes and put the now done bacon on a plate before putting more in the pan.

"Oh, you're awake," Aaron yawns. I nod, "I'm not ready for school yet. I wish I had more time." He smiles sympathetically, "Where's the girls?" "Upstairs. Penny is getting dressed and I'm pretty sure Jade is too." I looked to Erik for confirmation and he nodded. I cook more pancakes and bacon before Seth, Jade, and Penny come downstairs.

"I SMELL BACON GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Jade yells, shoving Seth to the side, "Bacon." Penny says with a big smile, calmly passing Seth on the stairs and sitting at the Island. Seth frowns and sits down as well. I make everyone a plate and they all dig in. Once all the plates are clear, Penny, Jade and I pile into Erik's car since he offered to drive us to school. The palm of my right hand began to itch really badly. I'm gonna meet someone new.

We arrived at school and I could feel my anxiety bubbling. I didn't remember where any of my classes were, or what they were, but Jade did. Apparently we have the same classes. Jade led me around throughout the day, but as Penny, Jade and I headed to the outside door, I rounded a corner and slammed into a girl. I immediately apologized and she did as well. "I'm so sorry, I was playing Final Fantasy." The girl spoke. She had hazel eyes and black hair with green streaks. Our boots were the same, which I thought was cool, and she wore a black studded leather jacket.

"I'm Kallie, what's your name?" "Ashton. This is Jade. And that's Penny," I smiled, shaking her hand. "Hey, um, do you need a ride home? We have room for one more." Kallie grinned, "I was actually gonna take a walk, but sure. Can I hang out with you guys?" I nodded, "Of course! Let's go!" I led the way and told Erik Kallie would be coming to my house, "Alright. Hi Kallie, I'm Erik, Jade's older brother. Nice to meet you." Kallie smiled, "Nice meeting you as well."

Once we got home I introduced Kallie to Seth and Aaron. Seth had a friend over and Kallie kept staring at him. "Go change, we're all going to the fair," Aaron spoke. "I'm cool with what I'm in," "As am I." "Me too." "This works." The girls and I laughed and we all headed outside once again. "Oh. Aaron, can I have the keys? I was hoping I could drive. Like it could be us girls in your car and you guys can go in Erik's. Please?" Aaron nodded and handed me the keys, making me squeal with delight.

I climbed into the driver's seat, Megan had shotgun, and Jade, Kallie, and Penny all piled into the back seat. We all buckled up and I asked if anyone had any song requests. "Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas, if you will." Penny requested. I nodded and the song began to play. We all sang along, "CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOON FOR THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOONE LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REEEEST DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE" We all busted out laughing at each other.

"Once I rose above the noice and confusion," I sang, "Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion," Megan sang, "I was soaring ever higher," Jade sang, "But I flew too high." Penny sang. "Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man," sang Kallie, "Though my mind could think I still was a mad man, I hear the voices when I'm dreaming, I can hear them say CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOON FOR THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOONE LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REEEEST DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE!" We sang in unison. I think I found a family.