Chapter 37

Ashton's POV

I knew I had siblings.. I could feel it. I wasn't imagining things... I smiled brightly at the two. Everyone was still gaping at the nurse. Emily and Luke, er..Sebastian, looked at me and they both grinned. I received hugs from the both of them. Aaron, Erik, and Penny left the room and gave us a moment alone. "I knew it... I just had this feeling I had siblings out there somewhere," I whispered. I couldn't feel my wrists very well, mostly because the nurses numbed them so they could put the stitches in. "So your real name is Sebastian?" I said, looking at Luke. He chuckled, "Sorta. Full name is Sebastian Lucas Ayden Gardner." I looked over at Emily, beaming. "Mine is Emily Lux Marie Gardner," she spoke up. "So, our last name is Gardner?" They nodded. "Ashton Deja-Vu Mae-Ryn Gardner-Scott," I whispered. That's a mouthful.

"Oh, and Luke?" He looked at me, waiting for me to continue speaking. "I know you like Penny. Just ask her out already. Most people get weirded out when their siblings date their friends, but I know you like her, and I happen to know she likes you too." His eyes brightened, "Does she really? I mean, are you sure you won't mind?" I laughed. "Go," I said, motioning toward the door. He bolted out the door and Aaron came back in. "Hey, Emily, can Ash and I have a minute?" My sister—God it feels so good to be able to say that— nodded and silently left the room. Aaron sat on the edge of the bed.

"So does this mean you want to go live with them now? Go find your parents?" He asked cautiously. I shook my head, "They put me up for adoption. I don't want anything to do with my so-called parents. I may go visit or my siblings can come to the house, but I'm not going to their home. Your house is my home now." He let out a relieved sigh and hugged me gently. "Why did you do it, Ash?"

"All the hate. It got to me. People were telling me to kill myself, saying I was worthless and that no one loved me. Saying Erik was too good for me, that he didn't love me, he wasn't happy. I figured if I was gone you guys could all be happy again."

"Without you I would never be happy. A world without my daughter in it, is one I don't want to live in. Don't ever scare me like that again. I love you." He kissed my forehead and left, sending Erik in. Erik embraced me in his arms, kissing my cheek. "You scared me, Prezioso." I could hear from his voice he had been crying. My heart clenched. "I'm sorry, Erik. I let them get to me.." I started to tear up again.

"Babygirl, no. It's okay. I love you. No matter what anyone says. I don't care what they think about you. All that matters to me is what you think of you and what I think of you. You're beautiful. I love you with all of my heart and I'm determined that you are gonna be the person to walk down that aisle to me. Aaron is gonna walk you down, Jade, Penny, Kallie, and Emily are gonna be your bridesmaids. I'm gonna have Seth and Chase up there for best man, in this case men, and we are gonna have a nice, happy life together. I love you Ashton. I can't see anyone else taking your place."

My eyes watered more. I love him so much. I didn't have the words to speak, so instead I just kissed him. Hard and fierce. I wrapped my arms around him, not caring about the pain that shot trough them. No longer numb I see. He leaned into the kiss more and gently cupped my cheek. We were interrupted by a nurse.

"You're free to go, Ms, Scott." He spoke. He had a rather obvious blush on his face. I blushed and licked my swollen lips, running a hand through my long black hair. I seriously need to get it dyed, my roots are starting to show again.

I grabbed Erik's hand and we walked out of the hospital room together. Aaron, Penny, Emily, and Luke were standing there waiting. "It's been a long day. Let's go home guys."

We walked out of the hospital together. 6 strong people in one big, strong family. I couldn't help but feel that a part of me was missing. I took a deep breath and looked down at my arms. I shouldn't have done this again. I pulled the sleeves down on my sweater and stepped out into the cold December air. My eyes widened and I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw someone I haven't seen in a very, very, long time. "Sammy?"