Chapter 23

Ash's POV

Have you ever been the kind of person who gets drunk but doesn't remember? Do you remember every detail? Have you ever gotten drunk and then started overthinking things? Have you always overthought things? Have you ever been drunk? Have you ever even tasted alcohol? I remember everything that happens when I'm drunk. I don't think. I don't pay attention. I'm reckless. And I enjoy it.

"Prezioso, bed time." I frowned. I don't want to sleep. But, at least I get to sleep next to someone who loves me and cares about me. I sighed, getting out of bed to change. I went into Jade's room and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top. I quickly changed and decided I would take a shower in the morning. I yawned and walked back into Erik's room, plopping down on the bed. He hooked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer, making me smile. "I love you, Prezioso," he whispered as I drifted off to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

I awoke and the clock next to the bed read 9:06. Ew. I groaned and immediately noticed the absence of Erik. I rolled over and noticed he wasn't in the bed. I frowned but I rose from the bed and headed for the kitchen. The moment I saw the sun through the window I winced. Hangover. My head was pounding and I still didn't see Erik. Suddenly there were lips attached to my neck and I relaxed upon realizing who it was. "Morning, Prezioso. Take this," he handed me a glass of water and some ibuprofen. I filled my mouth with water and dropped the pills in, immediately swallowing. He laughed at my weird method. "Fuck off, Jewel."

"I don't wanna fuck off, I wanna fuck you, Prezioso," he said with a frown. "GUYS AGAIN IT'S NOT EVEN 10 YET! YOU TWO ARE GOING TO KILL ME!" Jade screamed, throwing a pillow at us. I ducked and it hit Erik in the chest, causing him to frown. Penny and Kallie came in and they all sat at the island while I mixed eggs and the pancake mix. Yum. I went to pour some batter onto the pan but Erik stopped me. "Hold on, Prezioso." He dipped his finger in and put it on my nose. "Hey, Assbutt!" I got a handful and smeared it on his face, but he grabbed the bowl and began throwing the batter at me. I ran and hid behind Jade, Penny, and Kallie. Too late. Penny had her phone out recording the whole thing. Everyone had batter in their hair. Oops.

"You better hope my phone still works or I will cut off your motherflipping arm and shove it up your---!" "Penny, easy," Kallie said. I laughed as the copper headed girl bit her lip in frustration and poured the leftover batter on Erik's head. He frowned, causing me to giggle. "Who wants Mickey D's for breakfast?" We all went and changed into more appropriate clothes. And by appropriate clothes I actually mean clothes not covered in pancake batter. Anyways. I hopped in the shotgun seat and plugged my phone into the auxiliary cord again. This time I played something a little different.

"SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED! SHE WAS LOOKING KINDA DUMB WITH HER FINGER AND HER THUMB IN THE SHAPE OF AN L ON HER FOREHEAD!" I laughed as we all sang along to the song. I turned it down as we got closer to McDonald's. "STOP. THERE'S GOLDEN CORRAL, FUCK MCDONALD'S!" Jade screamed, making us all laugh.

I paid everyone's way in and we all headed for a table in the corner, away from everyone else. We all ended up with a cup of coffee and we then grabbed plates and began to stack them. Yes, we got the all you can eat buffet. Yum. In the end we all had a full plate. I had two, one with nothing but bacon, and the other with a biscuit, 2 pieces of sausage, some scrambled eggs, cheesy grits, potatoes, and a pancake.

Once we had all shoveled the food into our mouths my phone rang. It was Aaron. I groaned. "Hello?" Pause. "Yeah." Pause. "Okay." Pause. "Golden Corral." Pause. "Mmhm." Pause. "Really?" Pause. "Yeah." Pause. "Okay, love you too." I smiled and hung up the phone. "That was Aaron. He said he wants me to come home cause he wants to talk. I think he's gonna apologize," I grinned. Erik kissed my head, "That's great, Prezioso!" Penny smiled. "I hope everything works out for you, Ash. You deserve it. You're a wonderful friend and I couldn't ask for a better best friend than you and these two dorks sitting here." We all had a group hug and then we got up and as I headed out, I handed the waitress a $50 tip. "I know money can be tight sometimes, so take this and keep up the good work." She teared up and I gave her a quick hug.

No one should ever have to depend on tips to pay the bills. Fuck the system. The system is the most fucked up. Like, it just is. I grabbed Erik's wrist, telling him to wait as the others went to the car. "I want you to come with me to Aaron's. Just in case." He pressed a kiss to my forehead, "Of course, Prezioso, I wouldn't let you go alone even if you begged me to. You're stuck with me forever and always."

A/N: bro this was 930 words. Like. Wow. Oof. Oofers. Anyways. Enjoy. Love y'all:)