Chapter 28

Penny's POV

I noticed that Luke kept looking at me with this huge grin. Maybe he was looking at Jade. I'm pretty and all I guess, but why would he have an interest in me? I looked over at him again and I caught him staring at me. My green eyes locked with his blue-green ones and I saw him blush and I had no doubt that I am blushing furiously as well. He ruffled his black hair and I broke eye contact, looking back at Haven.

"I like your boots," I said shyly. She smiled at me, "I like yours too, Penny." I like her. I can feel a good vide radiating off of her. She's a sweet, innocent person with a very adorable button nose. I wish I had a button nose. I grinned as we headed inside, shooting straight to the machine. I wanted to play Skeeball. I was sad that I didn't have the money to pay for my own tokens, but I knew the others didn't mind. Ash handed me a $20 bill so I could buy the tokens. "If you need any more, let me know." I nodded and thanked her as I inserted the money into the machine.

The tokens spilled out into the cup and I grinned, heading straight to Skeeball. I was determined.

The first few throws didn't work well. Its been a while. Once I got warmed up, I threw the next ball and it went into the 100 point bowl. The excitement kept building as I threw it again and made 100 points. I felt a presence beside me and I immediately tensed when I saw him. He looked like a mean person. He had a sharp jawline that I could cut a brick with, deep brown eyes, which looked black, and white hair. "Hey sweetheart, how's it going?"

I didn't respond, instead picking up another ball and throwing it, making another 100. I silently prayed he would get the hint and go away, but of course he didn't. I mentally frowned as I threw the next ball since he hadn't left. He grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him, fear quickly taking over my body. His grip on me was tight and there was no way I was going to shout for help.

"Hey man, let her go," Luke's voice boomed as he stepped up to us. He didn't budge. "I said, let her go." He spoke through gritted teeth. "Get lost Sebastian," the boy sneared. "Ryan, let her go. She's trying to play Skeeball, she doesn't need your assistance." The boy, who I now pressume to be Ryan, looked angry. But before anyone could do anything a security guard marched up, "Is there a problem here?" He asked, taking notice of Ryan's death grip on my right arm. "Yes sir, he won't let go of my girlfriend's arm," I blushed deeply and my heart lept as he said this,"He walked over here and started talking to her and when she ignored him he grabbed her arm and refused to let her go," Luke said.

"Is this true?" The officer asked as he looked at me. I nodded, confirming the story. "Come on son, let the girl go before I have to put you in cuffs and throw you in the back seat for sexual harrassment." Ryan rolled his eyes but let my arm go, much to my liking. As they walked off Luke hugged me, "Are you alright?" I nodded silently, still blushing from being called his girlfriend. "I'm sorry if me calling you my girlfriend was uncomfortable, I just had to say something and it slipped my mind." I chuckled, "Its alright, I know you didn't mean it," I spoke. Sure, I knew he didn't mean it, but I was still a little disappointed.

"Any particular prize you're looking to win?" Luke asks me as he watches me collect all my tickets. "I didn't look yet. I ran straight to the token machine."

"I think I saw a giant fuzzy giraffe up there," my jaw dropped and I looked up at him, "Really?" I asked excitedly. He laughed before nodding, "Yeah, its like 3,000 tickets though." I am going to win that giraffe if its the last thing I do. We stood there, both of us playing skeeball for the next half hour. We had racked up a lot of tickets, but I ran out of tokens.

"I'll be right back, 'kay?" He said. I nodded and watched as he sauntered off toward the token machine. I watched from afar as his muscles flexed under his shirt. I giggled as he dropped a few tokens and then hit his head while trying to retrieve them. He's a mess. A cute mess.

"Here," he handed me a cup of tokens and I noticed he had 4 in his arms. He just spent $100 on tokens. "We are gonna get that giraffe!" He exclaimed. I smiled. He just spent all that money so he could win me a giant giraffe. I'll place it on my bed next to the giant Red Panda Ash won for me at the fair. Today is going to be a happy day.