Chapter 22

Aaron's POV

"You're wrong for that," she says. My own words thrown back at me. Her eyes settled in a cold gaze, but her features were calm and collected. "Ash didn't say anything evidently insulting towards Megan. No," she pauses, "It was the other way around." "Megan told m--" I'm cut off by her calm voice and sharp words. "We're all aware of what she told you. You screamed the words against your own daughter." My head hangs low. Maybe I was too harsh with Ash. "Megan," the name was laced with venom as it tumbled out her mouth. "Megan called Ash a 'worthless bitch.' " I've never heard her swear before. This is clearly serious to her, but why is she being so calm about it then? "Megan called Ash a 'whore.' Even went as far as saying you should have left her at the orphanage." There's no way Megan said any of that. She's way too kind and sweet. Penny's calm exterior towards this situation is really starting to irk me. "I have half a mind to wrought the reward of a broken arm for your actions," she sighs. Some of her guard breaking down. "But, Ash would be upset if you were injured or harmed. You're her father, and she loves and cares for you too much to be even remotely disrespectful towards Megan." She flashes a small smile before a frown settles upon her lips, and her eyes swell with disappointment. "Maybe you should think about that before taking your girlfriend's side and accusing your own daughter of hate. I'm disappointed in you, Aaron. We all are." Then she turns around and walks out the door, but not before saying, "Come and see me when you're ready to believe that your girlfriend is toxic. For Ash and you." And just like that she was gone.

I let her words sink in and the reality stabbed me in the heart like a double edged blade. I frowned. I realized I was extremely harsh towards Ash and I was very unfair. I should've listened to Ash's side of the story and given her a chance to explain, but instead I told her to leave and said she couldn't come back until I called her. I'm so stupid.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Voicemail. Ash doesn't answer. It goes to voicemail. I sigh, trying again. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Voicemail. I sign once again, knowing she might not answer me. That's okay, I'll call back later. Maybe she will answer then. Yeah. Yeah, she will answer later.

Ash's POV

We stepped back in the house and I grabbed my meat lovers pizza, my drink, and ran to the couch. I sat on my feet and turned the tv on, watching Web of Lies. I ate the first slice in a matter of seconds. I ate the second slice not long afterwards. Then, I opened my drink. Green Apple. Finally. Something I wanted to drink. Not koolaid. Not something necessarily sweet, either. No. This burns. Alcohol. Crown Royal. Whiskey. The good stuff. Now, most prefer to drink it with Sprite or coke, me? Hell no. I drink it straight.

I took a big gulp and ate half of another slice. Erik and the girls all came in the living room and Penny walked through the front door. She looked as though she was about to faint. "I'm back from my walk--ASH WHY DO YOU HAVE ALCOHOL!" I giggled and drank more. I ate the rest of my slice and another one. I grinned and saw a bag of chocolate. "No, stop. Put the drink down and step away. Step away from the alcohol," Penny coached. It was only then Erik noticed I had drank a fourth of the bottle. He seemed concerned.

"Stop, no, put it down. Ash don't do that," she spoke. I took another gulp. I stared at Penny. She was not happy. She walked over, calmly took the bottle, and placed it behind her. "Ash, please stop drinking," she sounded really sad. I was already beginning to feel dizzy and I knew I was drunk. I could feel it. I ate more pizza, grabbed Erik's hand, and pulled him into the bedroom.

"Ash, what's up?" He asked, seeming concerned. I kissed his jaw. I pulled him onto the bed and kissed him again. I ran my hands through his hair, tugging softly on his blonde locks. "Prezioso, you're drunk." I nodded, "I don't care. I want you." He shook his head, "No, Prezioso, tell me that when you're sober and we can talk about it." I frowned, pulling him back to me, kissing him again.

The door opened and I heard a bloodcurdling scream. "EW DUDE DON'T SCREW MY BROTHER WHILE I'M HERE!" I began laughing, as did he. "Should I skip school Monday and do it then?" I grinned. "Can I kill myself?" "No." "Well then there's your answer." Penny laughed, "Okay but seriously guys, that's gross. Ew. Mouth germs. Cooties. Ew."