Chapter 32

Kallie's POV

I was really excited about the sleepover tonight. All 12 of us in one house? Yes please! The idea of spending a whole night with the girls and getting to see my boyfriend makes me happy. What? He doesn't have to know we're dating, we just are. His eyes... I get lost in them all the time.

I was torn from my thoughts by Penny nudging my shoulder and passing me Ash's phone. Oh. I scrolled though and noticed there were a lot of Nickelback songs on her playlist. Shinedown, Halestorm, Black Veil Brides, All Time Low... PANIC! AT THE DISCO! Yes! I looked to see if she had the specific song I wanted to hear. Oooh she does! Once the song began playing I saw Penny and Ash start grinning, but Jade had never heard the song before.

"Had to have high, high hopes for a living," I sang

"Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing," Penny sang

"Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision," Ash sang

"Always had high, high hopes!" The three of us harmonized together as we pulled into the parking lot of the Wal-Mart.

Erik and Jade applauded us once the car came to a stop. I miss these days. I can't do things like this at home. My parents suck. They always make me ta---

"Kal, you coming?" Penny asked. I nodded, smiled, and got out of the car. Penny walked beside me as we headed in the store, Ashton and Erik up ahead of us and Jade was already several steps ahead of them.

"Okay guys, we all need to split up to grab the stuff for tonight. I say instead of ordering food we just make a big meal ourselves and eat that. So, everyone want to split up and cover more ground or go in groups?" Ashton spoke. "I'll go with Penny," I answered, "I'll go alone. I'm a big girl," Jade laughed. "Alright, meet back here in twenty, I'll text you the lists on what to get."

Just then all our phones dinged and sure enough Ash sent the list to us. Penny and I headed for our designated section: drinks and snacks. First thing on the list: Pepsi, Coke, Moutain Dew, Sprite, Rootbeer (two Barq's and two MUG), Fanta (Strawberry and Orange), and Dr. Pepper. Wow. Okay.

Penny grabbed a buggy and we headed straight toward the drink aisle. "Is everything okay?" Penny questioned me. I looked over at the buggy and then I changed the subject, "Did you have a good day at school?" I asked her quietly, "Yeah, it was a pretty good day. I got a lot of work done in class."

"That's good, I'm really glad you had a good day. Have you finished your art project?" I asked as I looked at the list. Chips. Okay. I walked down the aisle with Penny next to me and grabbed a bag of each kind, that's what the list said. So much food. "Not yet, but really close. What about you?"

Penny looked at the list and laughed, "Dude so much money is going into this, I can't even." I smiled thinking about how I used to do this with my family, before things got bad. "Do you think Chase will ever actually ask me out?" I ask suddenly, and then blush once I realize I said it out loud. "Yeah, eventually. He's just really shy, you know?" Penny responded. "I bet Luke is gonna ask you out before Chase asks me."

Penny gasped, "What? No he won't. He doesn't even like me!" I laughed, "Yes he does! He helped you win a giant giraffe cause he knew how much you wanted it!" She blushed and covered her face with her hair, "He was just being nice." I shook my head, "Penny, I promise you. He likes you."

We had finally gathered all the things on the list: drinks, chips, dip, cookies, and 54 bags of candy. Why so many bags? No idea. But I wasn't complaining. Penny and I headed back to the front of the store for checkout just in time to see Ashton and Erik carrying air mattresses as well as Jade pushing a buggy full of paper plates, plastic cutlery, and a bunch of food. She is cooking tonight, so maybe she wants to go big. Pretty sure I saw brownie mix in there too.

"Wait, Ash, how are we paying for all of this?" I asked. "Oh, we aren't," she said with a serious face. My jaw dropped, Jade's eyes widened, Erik looked horrified, and Penny just looked at her. "I'm joking, Aaron gave me his credit card and his pin," Ashton spoke, I let out a relieved sigh. "Guys, she's not exactly an angel, but she's also not a thief. Have a little faith in her, would ya?" Penny said with a little bit of attitude. Oh Penny, she cracks me up.