Chapter 39

Erik's POV

My jaw clenched as I saw Charlie staring at Ashton's ass when she got on the bike. I glared at him as he leaned against his mustang. He waved the other guy over and they got in the car. Aaron clearly wasn't happy that Ash was on the back of a motorcycle with someone we just met. I felt my chest tighten as I thought about what could happen. What if she goes back to Charlie? What if she leaves with Sam and doesn't come back? I can't lose her. I refuse to lose my babygirl. I won't lose her. I looked at Luke and Emily before shaking my head, "You have a crazy sister, but I love her more than anything in the world." Emily smiled at me and Luke stepped closer to Penny and whispered something in her ear. She smiled and nodded at him.

"Don't worry. Ash may not be my blood sister, but she's still my sister and I know she'll be back," Penny spoke confidently. I smiled at her, nodding a silent thank you. I took a deep breath before checking my phone and sending Ash a message. Hopefully, she will decide to come back to her house for the sleepover tonight. She might bring Sam though, so I guess we need to make sure that there is room for her, as well. I got in the driver's seat, Aaron riding shotgun, Penny, Luke, and Emily in the back.  Seth asked Aaron to scoot over so he didn't have to squeeze in the back between everyone else. The ride back to Aaron's house was silent, which didn't surprise me much. Not much to talk about.

We arrived at the house and I immediately went inside. Sam's bike is here. The moment I stepped in the door, my heart stopped. There she was. Ash was standing there talking to Jade, with Sam by her side. Jade nodded in my direction, causing Ashton to turn around and look at me. My heart began to race as our eyes locked. I could feel my palms sweating. She began to run toward me and all I could do was hold out my arms and catch her when she jumped. We spun around for a moment before I passionately kissed her. A few seconds later we heard some people coughing, causing us to separate. I blushed and pressed a kiss to Ashton's forehead and then resting my chin on the top of her head. I love this girl with all my heart.

Ashton cleared her throat and stepped back, "Everyone, Sam will be joining us for our sleepover. I hope none of you mind, but we have catching up to do, and I think if you all gave her a chance that you would really like her." No one objected. Okay. That's good then. Christmas is in a week and I really need to go get gifts for everyone. "Hey, so to complete this little sleepover, why don't we all go out tomorrow? Maybe go to the mall? Cause I know I have Christmas shopping to do, and I'm sure you guys do too." Everyone agreed. So it's settled then.

"It's getting late, and if we are going out tomorrow, we should get some sleep. So, everyone to your assigned sleeping areas!" Aaron laughed. "Hey, I'm gonna stay with the girls, is that okay?" Haven asked, looking up at Aaron. He nodded and she smiled, giving him a hug. "Okay, so, Haven, Emily, Penny, Jade, Kallie, Sam, and I have the fort, Erik and Luke have the basement, Aaron and Chase have Aaron's bed, and Seth and Alexis have Seth's bed. Wow. Lotta people in my house right now!" Ashton giggled. I gave her a hug and a kiss then made my way down to the basement, Luke following behind me. We were supposed to sleep in Ashton's bed, but after the events of today, I don't wanna be in her room for a bit.

There was a sectional down here, so I took one side of it and Luke took the other. I stared up at the ceiling and smiled as I thought about my Prezioso. "I'm taking Penny on a date soon."

My eyes widened and I looked over at Luke, "Really? That's great! When?" He laughed a little, "The day after tomorrow. I have a plan. I'm gonna take her out to dinner first. Nothing fancy, pizza probably, and then we're gonna go to the arcade. I'm gonna win her another stuffed animal. Then I'm gonna take her to the park and I'll ask her out there." Awwww that's so cute! I smiled, "That's great. She's gonna love it, I guarantee it." We said goodnight and I closed my eyes. I began to dream of the one I love.

I can't believe we've been together for 3 years now. Ashton kissed me again and all I could do was smile. Today is the day. I'm gonna propose to her. I'm gonna tell her how much she means to me. We were sitting on the hood of my car in the middle of a field out in the country, staring up at the stars. My heart pounded as I told Ashton how much I love her. I got down on one knee and she gasped, "Baby girl, you mean the world to me. I was a different person before I met you. You changed me for the better and I couldn't be more thankful. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be with you until the end of time. Prezioso, will you marry me?"