Prom

A/n this is my first ever Imagine book it might not be all great but I tried.

Alyce POV

Prom. Today was prom and I'm so lucky to be going by myself (add the sarcasm). No one bothered to ask me not that I was surprised I'm the school's nerd. I'm the kind of nerd thats smart wears glasses and the know it all. I always keep to myself always seen reading a book. But I thought this week would be different. I just knew I was going to have my moment in the sun. I thought that someone would want to go to prom with me. There was one person I wanted more than anything to go to prom with, the infamous Derek Luh. He is so incredibly handsome, he plays football basketball and he raps and sings.

We were best friends but after middle school he started to drift more to music and sports

We were best friends but after middle school he started to drift more to music and sports. I'm not upset or anything I know he wanted to get famous doing one of the two. I was  fucking the books not literally but I read everything under the sun. Between the books, school and working I have nothing else to do. 8th grade summer he went away for football camp and I haven't talked to him since. I snapped out of my thoughts and got up getting ready for prom. I went the nail salon getting my nails, feet and eyebrows done. When I was done I went to gas up my truck and get something to eat. When I got back I sat at my vanity and started brushing my hair putting oil on it I lay ironed my hair making sure every piece was in place when in was done with that I started doing my eye makeup. I started doing my skin routine making sure I was well moisturized. I've been practicing for a couple months trying to get do a certain type of look. When I finished my eyes I ate my food then put lipstick. I was sitting at the vanity listening my to music scrolling through Facebook watching everybody grwns.

"Look at you grown and next year going off to college the first of the family"

"Maaa!! You don't have to keep bringing it up it's not that big of a deal"

"It's a huge deal you are our future ok? Let's get the dress on your brothers are going to be here in 30 minutes"

I put on my shaper to bring out my curves I had a nice shape I just don't wear clothes that aren't flattering. My mom helped me put on my dress and just stared at me with tearing in her eyes.

"Mom stop it you cry I'm gonna cry and we don't need that"

"You are just so beautiful I wish your father could see you"

"He does ma he does"

I hugged her neck and smiled pulling away I heard my brothers car pull up at the same time. My mom ran downstairs and I took that time and put on my shoes and spray a little perfume on. I walked downstairs and I heard gasps. I smile seeing them with their phones out.

"Lil sis you look amazing go have fun"

"I'm going to try"

I went to my car getting in I was a little nervous about going to prom. What was everybody going to say what if they didn't like my hair. When I got there I walked in with my head held high smiling with confidence. I walked past people who were asses to me on a daily turn their heads. I smiled walking over to Micah who has been one of the only friends I've had. She was there with her girlfriend looking gorgeous the both of them. I'm glad she's happy but I hate being the 3rd wheel sometimes.