God is a Woman

Derek POV

The room was dark and ominous. I stood by the bed watching Alyce slowly while she took off her pink silk robe I bought her just for tonight our wedding night.

A 10 hours ago (before the wedding)

"Dad I don't think I should marry her she deserves someone better than me. I was once a addict she doesn't want me I might relapse "

I look at my dad as he fixes my bow tie.

" son you want the truth right? I know you, and I know that you being with her, you're a much better person than you were and if you were to relapse, I'm sure with every fiber in my being she would be there to help you through it, just like she did the first time, she loves you so much I can see it in her eyes "

" thank you dad I need some sense slapped into me I can't live without that girl "

Alyce POV

" Ma I'm so excited I'm glad I can give my heart to Derek "

" you sure you don't have any regrets about marrying him? he's not the perfect person "

" no mom he's not Jesus no one is perfect he's the one I want to live my life with forever and always "

" ok I'm just making sure when I married your dad I had thought about leaving him at the altar so many times but I'm glad I married him when I did "

My eyes started to get ready thinking about my dad he was in the military and he had died in combat.

" now now child don't mess up your makeup he's up in heaven watching over you I promise I'm sure he's proud of all your accomplishments "

I shook my head and stood up ready to walk down the aisle to the love of my life. I put on my crown of flowers on my head and fixed my dress making sure I looked decent. I heard a knock on the door and my oldest brother opened the door and peaked his head in.

" you ready sis? "

I didn't even answer I just shook my head. I walked out and grabbed his arm I heard the music start and I walked into the church. When I laid my eyes on Derek it was like I was in a movie. Time slowed, the music stopped and all I could see was Derek and at that moment I knew that he was the one for me. When I finally made it to him I saw he was crying.  I wiped his tears and he just started to smile like a wild man.