Afraid

Alyce POV

"what are you so afraid of huh? actually falling in love with someone and being happy?" My best friend chey said looking in my closet

"You know what fuck you excuse me for not wanting to get my hopes up and being sad" I said looking down

"Well we're best friends and I just want the best for you and plus this one is a real catch I did a back ground check on him and his past girlfriends all said he's a sweet guy please just go out with him on one date"

"If I do it will you leave me the fuck A lone"

"No"

"I'm about to take Buffy for a walk you coming? "

"Exercising no" Chey said while laying on my bed turning on the tv

I put the harness on Buffy and walked out the door. I started walking towards no where just letting her enjoy the outside. I had my headphones on just walking. I saw a couple fighting about something across the street. All of a sudden I just fall to the ground. I look around ready to cuss someone out. But I look and see a attractive guy with his hand out.

"hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that"

"it's ok I wasn't exactly paying attention"

I look down and see bufffy jumping on this guy.

"I'm sorry she likes meeting new people"

"It's alright I have a pit she probably just smell him on me"

"probably but I'm gonna let you go you look busy"

"actually no can I take you for a drink to apologize for bumping into you"

"but we have to find somewhere that allow dogs"

"luckily for you my friend has a pub that's great with dogs"

He grabbed my hand and I felt spark shoot through my arm. I looked the other way being nervous not knowing where he's taking me. We get to the pub called the 'drinking pup' ©️. It had a little dog with a beer it was so cute. We walked in and there were dogs everywhere. I heard him whistle then I saw a really pretty pit grey and white. His dog ran towards me and jumped on my leg I just smiled.

"well damn kilo I don't even get that much love"

I hit his shoulder and laughed I bent down eye level to kilo.

"hey baby, you're so handsome, are you a good boy, yes you are"

Kilo laid his head in my hands loving the attention.

"man he loves women more than I do "

"Now how about that beer now?....."

"Damn I never did tell u my name did I? I'm Luh Derek Luh"

"Alyce"

"Last name?"

"Just Alyce for now D Luh"

"I like that"

We walked over to a booth and he ordered 2 beers from the tap. We were talking and laughing when I got a call. It was Chey of course

Me:Yes hun

Chey:Don't act like that bitch what you doing when y'all coming back I'm bored

Me:Well I'm busy at the moment was there something specific you needed from me?

Chey:no once again bitch I'm just bored

Me:Ok I'll see you when I get home then

"Oh are you needed somewhere else" Derek said