Episode 5: Part 6 - Mission: Morty

Your P.O.V

The federation bug-guy stood up after what seemed like an eternity of silence, the only sound being the cracking of your memory around you.  "Well I hate to say it but you're out of time."  The guard said, checking a device on his wrist.  You felt your heart drop in your chest for a brief moment, like the feeling you get when a roller coaster starts a speed drop.  The guard looked at you.  "Well it was nice knowing you."  Turning his head to his watch, he pressed a button and spoke into it.  "Beam me up Scottie."  You raised an eyebrow at his Star Trek reference.  The guard laughed nervously.  "My wife is really into Earth culture."

The guard spoke into his watch again.  "Hey Scott?  Any time now would be ni-". Suddenly, a large bullet wound appeared in the guard's head and he fell over dead.  You let out a screech before you were pulled from the simulation.

Your eyes shot open and you quickly sat up, feeling your head swim with your body's sudden movement.  A hand fell on your shoulder.  "R-reeelllaaax.  You're safe now."  "Oh my gosh Rick you would not b-" You stopped talking as you noticed there were in fact many Ricks around you.  You furrowed your brows.  "Where is my Rick?"  You knew none of these Rick's were yours.  Your Rick would never wear a Council Uniform.  The one who has his hand on your shoulder, and was dressed slightly different than the rest, spoke bluntly.  "Your Rick and grandson have been rescued and already left."  You knocked his hand away.  "Rick wouldn't leave me with you losers."  What you could only assume as the Lead Rick stood up.  "He swore on the council and his existence as a Rick.  T-trrruuust me sweetheart he's not coming back."

Lead Rick you were talking to was tapped on the shoulder by another Rick.  "S-siiiirr!"  He burped.  "Our portal guns seem to be jammed in this area.  My scanners show our portal range to now be outside ship limits."  Lead Rick gave an exasperated sigh.  "Oh course... alright then!  Everyone over to the escape shuttles!"  You tried to stand up in protest but as soon as your feet touched the ground, you knees collapsed underneath you and you face planted.  The Ricks stared at you and Lead Rick waved in your direction.  "She's still discombobulated from the simulator.  S-135, 136.  Help Y/N to the shuttle.  The rest of you clear the way."  The Ricks nodded.  Two of them grabbed you by the arms and hoisted you up.  "Get off you f*ckboys!"  You mumbled.  Your head was swimming from the simulation still as you weakly tried to fight the Ricks assisting you as they dragged you down the hallway to the shuttles.

Morty's P.O.V

Morty eyed his grandpa with a lost curiosity.  "W-what did you just do?"  He asked Rick timidly as he finished tweaking a control panel just outside the shuttle bay.  "I-i just modified the radio signals M-morty.  I modified the signals to jam the portal guns M-morty."  Morty furrowed his brow in confusion.  "W-why?"  Rick rolled his eyes and sighed.  "W-wow you really take after your dad don't you Morty?"   Rick grabbed his canteen and took a swig.  Wiping his mouth on his sleeve, Rick grabbed the guns of the fallen guards.  "You'll need this."  He said tossing it to Morty.  Morty cringed.  "I-i don't wanna kill nobody Rick."  "Relax you'll be killing me.  Don't tell me you've never wanted to kill me Morty.  Now's your chance!"  Rick yelled.  Morty continued to frown.  "Just think of your grandma then alright?"  Rick mumbled before pulling out his canteen again.

Before Morty could reply, gunfire could be heard in the hall just ahead.  Rick quickly pushed Morty into the shuttle bay and closed the door.  Rick continued to push Morty to a far corner of the room.  "Alright Morty.  Don't come out until I say or you'll f*ck us all." Rick said.  Then, without another word, Rick ran over to the edge of the door and hid behind a pile of boxes.  Morty gripped the gun in his hands tightly as he watched in anticipation at the events unfolding before him.