Episode 11: Part 1 - The Ghost and a Spell

Your P.O.V

It had only been a week since the Ricardo incident and since Rick had expressed his feelings.  Though you were much more open to paving a path to forgiveness for you, the two of you had hardly shared a conversation and the whole house seemed to notice.  Even your daughter's idiotic husband would occasionally glance between you and Rick in confusion.  Today of corse was no exception.  After quickly downing a cup of coffee, plate of pancakes, and your blasted medication, you stood up and tried leaving the room as quickly as possible.

However, before you could leave, Beth turned her head and your eyes locked with hers.  "Off again so soon?  Don't you want to stick around for Father's Day celebrations?"  You glanced awkwardly around the table.  Your two grandchildren were staring at you while Jerry was busy playing candy pop on his ipad again.  Rick kept his head down, staring into his plate.  Looking back at Beth, you shook your head.  "Not today sweetie.  I stopped celebrating Father's Day a long time ago.  I have to organize some old books of mine anyways."

Beth's P.O.V

Beth frowned as she watched her mother smile forcibly and quickly flee the room.  She wanted to run after her but she knew she was alright; trying to avoid Rick but defiantly alright.  Her mom could handle anything after all.  She was a beast.  Instead, Beth quickly ducked her head under the table, pushing past her spare wine bottle, and grabbed a small, blue bag.  "Daaaadddd!"  She said in a sing-song voice.  Rick quickly looked up from his plate, clearly having just been lost in thought.  "H-huh?! Oh crap!"  Beth handed him the gift.  "Oh sweetie you shouldn't have!"  He said as he tore through the wrapping.

Beth beamed as Rick unwrapped a small photo album.  "It's a collection of all the family photos we had when I was a girl!"  She said with pride.  Morty and Summer mumbled statements of approval at the gift.  Rick opened the book and began to flip through the pages.  "Most of the pictures you were unconscious for so I had to glue some googly eyes to have you look more awake."  Beth tucked some of her hair behind her hair.  "A-ah sweetie I l-oooooove it!"  Rick burped.  Beth blushed with pride.

Rick finished looking through the pages and closed the book.  "Almost makes me with I was conscious for all of that!"  He said.  Beth laughed.  "Well I'm just glad you were there."  She said bashfully.  Rick stood up and gave Beth a one-armed hug and she embraced him with both arms.  "I'll go put it right next to your noodle art!"  Rick said, ending the hug and heading for the door.  "W-w-wait!"  Morty quickly stood up, holding his hand out to Rick.  Rick stopped, surprised, and turned around.  Morty bent down and picked up a small gift off the floor.  "I know it's Father's Day but Summer and I wanted to get you a little something too!"  Jerry looked up rom his game, mouth open and Rick raised an eyebrow.  "Oh Cr*p, for me?"  Morty nodded and handed him the gift.  "You don't have to open it now though."  Morty's foot shifted bashfully.  "Just r-remember to open it ok?"  Rick nodded, still somewhat surprised and left the room.

"How come he get a gift!?"  Jerry said, breaking the touching moment.  Beth frowned.  "The kids only wanted to get their Grandfather a little gift Jerry."  "Well what about my side of the family huh?  What about my dad?"  Summer furrowed her brows.  "I thought you didn't want us to send anything to them? On account of the 'threesome incident'?"  Summer spoke the last two words slowly, sounding them out in a dramatic fashion.  "Yes but why would you give anything to Rick?!?"  Jerry said, clearly still exasperated.   Beth's frown deepened to a scowl.  "Do you just want your d*mn gifts already?"  She growled.  "Yes please."  Jerry said, perking up.

A/N: Hope you guys are excited for this episode.  It is going to be a little different though as I decided this episode will include the whole family as oppose to Rick, Y/N, and perhaps just some other family member.  Anyhoo, see you all next week!  And Happy Father's Day!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon