Episode 8: Part 5 - The Long, Dramatic Episode

Your P.O.V

After talking to the Council, you were escorted to a portal that was set for your dimension.  You guessed they just assumed you wouldn't be mentally well enough to find your own way home.  As usual, the Ricks were right.  You were in a sort of dazed state the entire ride to the portal and even had to be walked through by a Rick.   "Here ya go."  He said, burping.  You sank into the mattress as your knees finally gave out.  The Rick who had escorted you glanced over with only a slight bit of concern, but concern nonetheless.  "Yoooouuu alright?"  You gave a small nod.  "Yea... I'm fine."  The Rick looked side to side for a moment before shrugging.  "Alright..." After a moment, he spoke again.  "You know... As much as I hate to say it, I'm sure your Rick is sorry... you'll just have to give him time to figure that out."  You glared at him and he put his hands up in surrender.  "Just saying."  He said defensibly. Without another word the Rick, he opened a portal and disappeared, leaving you alone in your room.

Now you were sitting on your bed in silence, thinking of everything you had learned.  The thought of dying terrified you.  How long did you have left if you continued to take the pills?  What if you didn't?  You leaned over and set your head in your hands, trying to find comfort in the warmth of your own skin.  What about all the other Y/Ns trapped in the Citadel?  Did every one of them have the same disease or were all of them placed there simply because their Ricks weren't strong enough to deal with loosing someone they loved?

You felt something wet slide down your arm and realized you were crying.  With shaking hands you wiped the tears from your face and glanced up one of the photos you had hanging on the wall.  The picture was of you, young Beth, and Rick.  She was only a little older than a few weeks and was crying loudly as you and Rick leaned on each other, drunkly holding bottles of wine.  You bit your lip as you stared at your daughter's photo.  You and Rick had never been the best of parents but you hated her to see your fight.  It would leave a bad impression for Beth's already failing marriage.

Finding the strength to stand, you made your way to the door and opened it softly.  From down the hall you could hear Beth, Jerry, and Summer all talking quietly.  The garage door opened and you could see Morty briefly before he passed into the kitchen.  As you edged down the hallway, you could hear Morty talking to the family.  Taking your chance, you quietly slipped into the garage. 

You lay one hand on the handle and the other on the door itself as it closed.  Once the door was fully closed you stood still for a moment.  From the angle of your head, you were able to see Rick glance up from a pile of something on the table.  "I know everything."  You said, your voice quavering only slightly.  Rick said nothing so you turned around and tossed the portal gun at his feet.  "The council told me everything." 

You didn't move away from the door but you turned and focused on Rick.  He was sitting up now, the weird liquid he had been lying in, dripping off his face.  He said nothing and you put your hands on your hips in frustration.  "Well?"  Rick turned his head away, resting his elbows in the liquid on the table.  By now, you could smell the bile in the garage.

"I'm eons away from forgiving you.  I can't even see you as a friend."  You said, taking a deep breath.  "But I'm worried for Beth.  I don't want her to see us fight."  Rick didn't move but he made no sign that he had stopped listening so you continued.  "I'm going to take a break from... us."  You said, gesturing to him.  "I need time for myself, and more importantly, for the family.... I love you Rick and always will but the universe is not made of playthings you can simply manipulate to your will.  There is more feelings and emotions in everything than you can even imagine and that is your downfall.  You are so smart but you can't continue to act without thinking of others, especially me."  Your lip quivered and you turned around to head back out the door.  "I'm going to spend more time with Beth and the kids... if I'm going to die, I want to spend my time with people who appreciate me."  Without another word, you opened the door and slipped out, leaving Rick in silence.

A/N: Hey guys!  Hope you enjoyed the chapter!  Next week's episode will be a lot more fun as I'm planning for Y/N to have an adventure with Beth and Morty!  If you guys have any suggestions of what the three of them should do comment!  I need a little help getting some ideas.  Anyway, love you all and sorry for ending this episode of such a depressing note!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon

If you want to send any fanart feel free!  Just send it to ApocalyspeRaccoon@gmail.com and I'll add it into the next chapter!