Episode 10: Part 2 - Return of Ricardo

Your P.O.V
    Your shoes clicked against the floor as you walked from your room to the door.  Beth learned her head out of the kitchen.  "Heading out?"  She called to you.  "Yep! See you later tonight!"  You heard the slight clink of glass and assumed Bet was getting down her favorite wine glass.  "Remember to text me updates if he's too shady!"  You laughed.  "Honey.  You know I'm a black belt.  This guy won't stand a chance."  Beth stepped out of the kitchen with a half-full glass in hand.  "Fair enough."  She said.

    The both of you laughed for a moment before the sound of someone opening a door interrupted you.  "M-Moooorrttyy!"  Rick emerged and stopped in surprise as his eyes fell on you.  "Why you so dressed up?"  He asked, burping.  "Why do you need to know?  Are you my husband or something?  Because last time I checked with you, you weren't."  You said, laying on enough salt to turn the whole Pacific into the new Dead Sea.  "But if you must know," You continued, "I'm going on a date."  Rick looked lost for words and, taking your chance, you grabbed Beth's glass and drained the liquid into your mouth in one foul swoop.  "See you tonight sweetie."  You said, handing her the glass and kissing her on the cheek.  Beth placed her free hand over where you had kissed her, smiling happily.  Glaring one last time at Rick you opened the door and slammed it behind you, leaving a shocked Rick and happy Beth behind.

~ Time Skip ~ (to restaurant)

    You glanced at your phone and the Dickimon app Beth had downloaded onto it so you could communicate with Ricardo.  Luckily, he had let you choose the restaurant and you chose a small place off a nearby highway and not the place where Jerry had barfed.  You doubted you'd be going there anytime soon.  As you stared at your phone in thought, someone tapped you on the shoulder and you turned around in surprise.  "Y/N I presume?"  Ricardo said.  You nodded, tense and awkward.  You had never dating a normal person before.  You could handle a lot of things but this situation may not be one of them.

    "Uh... yeeeaa...". You stuck out your hand for a handshake.  Unfortunately, he was standing rather close and you were forced to raise your shoulder to an awkward height to prevent touching his chest. "Nice to meet you."  Ricardo raised an eyebrow and picked up your hand and, in one smooth movement, planted a gently kiss on it.  You felt you cheeks swell with heat as you stared at Ricardo with wide eyes. Ricardo looked up at you then gave a hearty laugh.  "You flatter me my dear.  Now,". He turned and held out his arm.  "Shall we?"  You looped your arms around his and nodded.  "Let's."  You said, stepping through the doorway of the establishment, away from the dark street and into the warm light.

Rick's P.O.V
    "I tell her we're not legally married and the next thing I know she's going on a date with some hot-shot waiter!  Why does she care its legal or not? We've never followed any of that legal crap before; taxes, voting once per election, jaywalking..."  Rick paced Summer's room as she sat in the corner, arms crossed and raising a single eyebrow.  "Why start now?!"  He said, sitting down across from his granddaughter.  After a moment, Summer leaned forward in her chair.  "Grandpa Rick?"  She asked.  "What?"  "You came to me for relationship advice right?  You going to let me advise you or are you going to continue b*tching?"  Rick glared but said nothing and Summer leaned back.  "Thank you."  She said curtly.  Summer took a deep breath through her nose.  "Look Grandpa Rick... the situation is simple; You cheated on Y/N then told her you two were no longer married.  The problems's all on you."  Rick rolled his eyes.  "Why?  She's legally dead and what about when she sleeps with other guys?"  "That's the point!"  Summer yelled.  "Don't you see?  Y/N doesn't cheat because she loves you!  People that love one another don't do something like that!  So why don't you feel the same way?"

    "I do feel the same!  Rick yelled, holding his arms out.  Summer flinched.  Rick stood up and walked to the window, looking out.  "Since the beginning there has only been one... Y/N C-137.  No one else like her; not even her from other dimensions.  I do anything for her."  He mumbled.  "Well that's not enough."  Summer said.  "If you want to fix this relationship you're going to have to do a lot of work.  Don't expect her to forgive you.  Not ever.  But let her know you'll spend the rest of your existence regretting your decision and strive to make it right." Rick stared out the window, deep in thought.  After a moment he spoke.  "You know I'm going to erase this memory from your mind right?"  Summer shrugged.  "Sure whatever.  Just follow my advice okay?"  Rick nodded.  "Sure."

A/N: How you guys are excited for what's to come next!  Any predictions?  Either way, hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next week!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon