Episode 11: Part 6 - The Ghost and a Spell

Your P.O.V

You watched Morty hesitantly work with the 'man of god'.  Like any logical person, Morty was eyeing the guy carefully,  through he still helped the pastor with whatever religious sh*t he was trying to preform.   "So why exactly is his number on your speed dial?!?"  You turned your head and gazed through the corner of your eye at Jerry and Beth.  Beth was whispering harshly to Jerry, quiet enough to not draw the pastor's attention but loud enough for you to hear over the moans of the circling projection. 

Beth crossed her arms, looking worryingly over her shoulder.  "Beth sweetie.  Pastor Jerry is a long time friend!  I've known him since my teenage years!"  Jerry chuckled and grabbed Beth's shoulders in an effort fo comfort her.  Beth looked away from the living room and back to Jerry.  "He's as receptive as the day I met him; he couldn't wait to meet the family!"  Beth was silent for a few moments before she took in a deep breath and sighed.  "Alright...". Beth said, glancing back into the living room at the projection.  It seemed this was one of the few times your daughter was putting faith in Jerry.  Well, that or she was just entertaining his idea long enough for Rick to get back.  Then she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.  "Wait his name's Jerry?"

You cleared your throat.  The two adults turned and stared at you.  "A bit off topic but can I also ask WHY this Jerry is on your speed dial?"  Jerry shrugged.  "A grown man's got his own personal demons ok?"   You raised an eyebrow at your son-in-law.  Jerry stared nervously at your forehead as if your eyebrows were to jump off and attack.  However, before the conversation could continue, the sound of a clearing throat made all three of your heads turn.  Pastor Jerry smiled and clapped his hands together.  "Well the main ritual is complete but it seems the demon is more powerful than I imagined."  Pastor Jerry glanced around the home.  "I may have to spend the afternoon scouring the place for the true source."

You pointing at the projection.  "That's not the source?"  Pastor Jerry glanced back into the living room and remained silent for a moment.  "Yeeeeeessssss but I think it's best I just have a look around and cleanse the place.  Make sure no demons come here again."  He said, his hand waving you towards the door.  "Just come back in an hour or so alright?  By then the Lord and I should have all of this taken care of."  Beth shrugged.  "I'll go get Summer."  She said, walking upstairs.  Jerry turned to Pastor Jerry.  "Thank you so much!"  He laughed quickly.  "Ha!  I can't wait until Rick sees this!"  He said squealing and stepping out the door.  You motioned for Morty and he ran to you, slipping his hand into yours. 

Pastor Jerry eyes you for a moment but said nothing.  "Come on Morty.  We'll go eat at IHOP or something."  The two of you made your way through the door.  "A-actually it's IHOE now."  "Another promotional sh*tstig?"  Morty nodded.  "To promote their eggs."  You shook your head.  "That's retarded."  You mumbled.  You turned and faced the house just in time to see Summer and Beth emerge.  "Mom I don't want to go!"  Summer hissed.  "What if that creep goes through my stuff?!?"  "I don't think that'll be a problem sweetheart."  You said.  Summer stared at you confused but didn't answer.

Instead, all eyes turned to Pastor Jerry as he appeared in the doorway.  His grin illuminated hauntingly against the shadow on his face.  "I shan't be more than an hour."  He repeated.  "Good luck!" Jerry said, waving.  Pastor Jerry nodded.  "Don't need luck my boy!  The lord provides all the luck I need!"  He grinned once more then closed the door, sealing it with a click of the lock.  You let go of Morty's hand and placed your hand on your hips.  "So, who's up for some IHOE?"

A/N: One more chapter to go before a new adventure!!  I know this episode been one of the more boring ones as of late.  But I have a few adventures in mind for the next episode that are a lot move exiting!  If there's anything specific you guys want to see explored in the next episode than feel free to tell me!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon