Episode 6: Part 5 - Back in Black

Special thanks to @LouieLouDescalzo for this chapters ideas!  You really helped!
Also, special thanks to everyone who gave me a song request!  You guys are amazing!

Your P.O.V

After you strange and unexplained health issues, you were led to the small infirmary in the concert hall where Birdperson treated you.  Over the next few hours leading to your concert, you were plagued with a weak headache and bubbly feeling in your gut.  It was nothing like the nose bleed but it still worried you.  You shook your head, trying to shake the sickness out of your system.  Now was not the time to be sick, now was the time to shine.  You put on your brightest smile as you stared into the bright lights of the stage.  Although you were blinded, you could hear the cheering of thousands of aliens.  "Good evening ladies, Zorbofs, and the like!"  Birdperson yelled into the microphone.  "Who is ready to 'Rock the house'!"  BP was answered by even more cheers.  In the front row you could hear Summer yell.  "Those are my grandparents up there!"  You grinned.  You had forgotten how much you had missed this.

BP gave a squawk of triumph as he began to tap his foot to the beat of the first song, 'Bad Luck Charm'.  While your band did have a few original songs,  you found that, being on a alien planet, the natives could never figure out what was original or not so might as well claim them all.  "Pain. Is your reward for being near me.  Fate.  Won't be your friend when I'm around.  Blame.  Me for the tragedies that follow.  Grave.  The situations that surround."

Your fingers flew across the keyboard with a mind of their own as you nodded your head to the beat.  Before you knew it, the first song was over and BP was bowing to the crowd.  You tried to tune him out for your head was pounding so hard you thought it was going to explode.  Nevertheless, you couldn't help overhear him as he spoke.  "Our next song called Date Rape .  Our guitarist, Rick, is making me clarify that we did indeed write all these songs and that you have to place all the songs you hear tonight under universal copyright under our names.  Thank you."

Morty's P.O.V

Morty's father shook his head.  "How can they do that!?  These songs already exist!  They can't just steal these people's songs!  If you ask me they should only preform their original songs, even if they suck."  Beth narrowed her eyes.  "Well the human creativity only goes so far Jerry.  Just like my ideas for saving this marriage."  She mumbled.  "Just think of it as their own interpretation.  Besides, all these little aliens enjoy it.  You really want to ruin their time too?"  She crossed her arms and continued to watch the show.

Your P.O.V

As the night continued, your band went through a few original, but mostly stolen, material including Golden Days and 'How I got away with Murder (Brograd Edition)'.  As you hit the last note of the murder song, the crowd erupted into wild cheers.  "Thank you.  Thank You."  BP said, bowing.  "Our next song is a solo piece written by our keyboardist, Y/N.  I hope you all enjoy her song as much as we do."  The lights on the other band members shut off, leaving the whole place in darkness with the exception to the light around you.  You felt like you were going to throw up, and not because of stage fright.  Clearing your throat, you spoke.

"Yea thanks everyone.  In all honesty I personally think you're all suckers, paying 12 glopples to attend this event but that's just me.  I mean you guys are tone deaf!  Who would think your culture is so centered around music?"  You got a good laugh out of the audience. Smiling, you began to tap the beat of your song.  "Well I hope you enjoy my song, 'Driving Drunk'." 

You weren't great at singing but the upside of the Zorbofs was that they were tone deaf.  It was the only planet in the universe where Country and Dubstep followed one another on a playlist.  Knowing this, you were filled with even more confidence as you began to sing;

I know the world's round so why are you so flat.
Stating all the wonders like they were 'this' or 'that'
When I first met you I wan't looking for love, I was looking for a friend.
But you showed me wonders I didn't know could exist.
Nothing in outer space but hidden in the Earth.
It's hard to imagine that we just met by chance.
Two drunken souls driving each other home.

I don't even remember who was driving, I was so stoned.
The cops were chasing up, we drove them off a cliff.
No one could solve their murder but we know what we did.
Still be drink and I remember those days.
If I could I'd go back to those days.
I know could could just build a time machine.
But either you don't care enough or you were just blackout drunk.

You played the chorus on silence, not a sound came from the audience as they were mesmerized by your song.  The song lasted for another few measures before finally ending.  The crowd stayed silent a moment longer before erupting into a huge cheer.  You gave a deep bow, half out of courtesy and half because you were doubling over in pain.  You felt your nose fill with blood and quickly straighten up again, letting the blood drain down your throat.  You refused to let your family see you in such a state.

Birdperson walked back up to his microphone. "Wasn't she wonderful?  Our last song for tonight is 'Thanks for the Memories'."  You forced yourself to smile through the pain.  Your vision was blurred due to the buildup of tears in your eyes.  Your lungs burned and you felt like your were drowning.  Moving your fingers across the keyboard became more difficult as you played the chords to the song.  "Been looking forward to the future.  But my eyesight is going bad.  In these crystal balls.  It's always cloudy except for when you look into the past."  As you tried to play the first note in the chorus, you left hand completely froze up.  You saw Rick glance at you but you ignored it, continuing to play with just your right hand. 

"Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories.  See, he tastes like you, only sweeter."  As BP ended the song, you quickly got up and ran offstage with what little strength you had, ignoring the group bow at the end.  Birdperson quickly mumbled a thanks to the cheering crowd and ran after you while Sqanchy and Rick followed close behind.

"Y/N what's wrong?!"  Rick asked.  You opened you mouth to reply but instead coughed up blood, spraying it on Rick's face.  Your head felt like it was going to split open.  You half wanted it to just split open. It felt as if there was a dragon in your skull, trying to claw it's way out, in the process, tearing at your brain.  You cried out in pain as you fought unconsciousness.  Rick grabbed you as you began to slump to the floor.  "Y/N!  Baby!  I need you to stay conscious!  An ambulance is on it's way!"  As you became even more separated from reality, you heard a door open.  "Mom!?!"  Beth yelled.  After that, you heard no more, deaf and blinded by pain but still conscious.  Trapped in a purgatory between consciousness and unconsciousness.

A/N: Hey guys!  Hope you enjoyed the song I tried making up for this chapter!  Also sorry about the ending being a sort of cliff note.  I was planning to have the chapter go on a bit longer but I don't have the time.  Thanks agian to everyone who helped contribute to this chapter!  I hope I was able to add in all the songs you wanted!  Until next week!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon