Episode 8: Part 4 - The Long, Dramatic Episode

Your P.O.V
The Ricks glanced at one another for a moment, some in concern but most in indifference.  Finally, one Rick shrugged.  "I guess if you want answers then it doesn't really matter to us.  But you're to tell no one!"  He said, pointing at you.  "We Ricks aren't necessarily known for being well liked in the universe."  You gave a sarcastic laugh.  "Could have fooled me."  You mumbled.  The Ricks didn't seem to hear.  Instead, the Rick who had been speaking to you continued.
"Like your Rick mentioned earlier, you're dying."  The Rick grinned devilishly.  "And you want to know why...". Your narrowed your eyes.  It was clear by the expressions on the Ricks' faces that they knew something you did not.  "Just tell me already."  You demanded, crossing your arms.  The Rick speaking to you grinned.  "Alright.  But don't say I didn't warn you."

"The day we Ricks invented the portal gun was the day we lost you.  One day not long after, it started off as a normal adventure.  A quick in and out to test to portal.  We were completely unaware of what lay on the other side."

Morty's P.O.V
"Ttttthere was this disease M-Morty."  Rick mumbled from the puddle of liquid.  "I made sure I wasn't able to get infected b-but I never imagined any of the disease would just reside on my skin."

Your P.O.V
The Ricks shook their heads sadly as the Rick narrorating continued.  "L-lloooonngg story short, the disease was only supposed to reside in the water.  When weeeeeee returned through the portal, we interacted with our Y/Ns, unknowingly passing on the disease."  "But... Rick always used protection-" You mumbled.  "Good lord w-wooommmeenn!"  The narrating Rick said.  "It's a normal ass disease not an STD!  As soon as Rick even did as much as hug you the disease left wherever it was placed and somehow entered your body!!!"

Morty's P.O.V
"I-I had no idea- I had no idea,". Rick repeated.  "Until it was too late.  I only figured it out once it was too late Morty!"  Rick grabbed his grandson's shoulders and shook them.  "The only person in the entire universe who could tolerate me and I killed her!"

Your P.O.V
Your knees felt weak as you noticed how emotional the Ricks were becoming as they explained the story.  Finally, you were unable to stand and sunk down to the ground.  However, before you made it to the floor, the pink haired Rick from earlier quickly pulled up a chair and helped you sit down.  As he held your hand you noticed just how badly they were shaking.
"Now, knowing myself, there's no way I told you your exact condition am I correct?"  You took a deep breath, trying to control your breathing.  The pink haired Rick looked nonchalantly up from you and snapped his fingers.  "Therapy Morty!"  A younger Morty, maybe about 10 by the look of it ran over to you with a shock blanket and, wrapping it around you, hugged you tightly.  Not surprisingly, the Morty helped a lot.  You placed your hand on his head and stroked him lightly.
You finally managed to nod and the Ricks who looked down at you, slight concern written on their faces as they looked down at you, each picturing their own Y/N in your place.  "Well to put it in terms you can understand, the disease effects your brain.  The only cure would be to remove your brain and replace it but to do that, which we can totally do by the way, you would loose what made you yourself."
"As a result, your Rick, Rick C-137 designed a cryochamber."  (Remember those blueprints on the wall mentioned in Episode 3 part 2?)  "He presented the idea to the council members of that time and, well you seem to know the rest."

Rick's P.O.V
Through his drunken rant to his grandson, Rick recalled that day in the past.  The day he said what he thought to be his final goodbye to the love of his life.

He had been carrying Y/N bridal style through the portal.  She was unconscious, the small puncture wound from the sleeping dart still slightly pink on her skin. Rick stepped into one of the hundreds of lines as Ricks from all dimensions held the unconscious forms of their Y/Ns as they dropped them off at the entrance to the newly built Y/N room.  As Rick made his way tot the front of his line, one of the Ricks looked up.  "Ah C-137!  Wondered when you'd get here."  The Rick clicked a button and a hovercraft rose from the floor.  "Place your Y/N here please."  Rick frowned and slowly set you down, brushing a strand of hair form your sleeping face."  The Rick, not looking up, continued to write down information on a tablet.  After a moment, he looked back up at Rick, smiling.  "Thank you for your contribution."  He said, referring tot he cryochambers.  Rick nodded silently and waltzed off, hand in his pocket and eyes on his feet.

Your P.O.V
"Your Rick designed the chambers to preserve every Y/N's current state infinitely."  The Rick looked at you and all was silent for a moment before the Rick who had been narrorating the story spoke quietly.  "You know, if you don't return to the cryochamber soon, the disease will only spread faster.  Those pills won't be able to hold off it's affects forever."
You stopped petting the young Morty's hair as you processed what they are saying.  "So basically... I'm a walking dead man...."  You said quietly.  The Rick shook his head.  "Not necessarily.  You could always come back to your cryochamber!  We may not like your Rick but that doesn't change how we feel about you."  You stood up and dropped the shock blanket to the floor, standing as straight and as best you could.  Your legs were still shaking.  Nevertheless, you glared up at the Ricks, giving them the answer they all deep down knew you'd give.  "Not a chance bub."  You said.  "And if you EVER hunt me down again you'll have my full wrath unleashed on you."  The Rick shrugged.  "Not really threatening, but the council will respect your decision nonetheless."  You nodded.  "Thank You."  You managed to mumble before leaving the room, the large doors closing behind you.

A/N: Whhhhhooooaaaa!!! Finally the story revealed!  Hope you guys enjoyed the buildup!  I should post again this weekend so don't worry!  Hopefully I'll be able to finish this episode and the next before Christmas but who knows.

~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon

All your OCs!!!

~FestiveDeath~

If you guys have any OCs or other Rick and Morty fanart you want to send to me, feel free to do so!  You guys are awesome and I love receiving your artwork!