Episode 6: Part 6 - Back in Black

Your P.O.V

Everything was black.  One would normally expect such darkness to be paired with silence but for you, that was not the case.  In fact, every noise seemed to be amplified, making your head pound.  The constant sound of sirens informed you that you were stuck in an ambulance and you knew you and your family were on the way to an alien hospital but beyond that, you knew nothing but the pain.  "Dad what's happening?"  Beth yelled.  You cringed as your daughter's voice boomed through your skull.  "I don't k-knoooww sweetie!"  Rick said.  "M-maybe she got health problems?"  "She's never had anything like this before!  Before her disappearance she hardly got more than a cold!"  You gasped as another wave of pain surged through your body.  In a uncontrollable motion, you lifted your chest off the surface where you lay as your back arched in pain. 

These never-ending waves of pain and the violent reactions that followed continued all the way to the hospital.   "We need a medical team here stat!" The voice of, what you assumed was one of the ambulance staff, yelled out of the darkness.  A faint light appeared in front of your.  "The pupils are displayed and unresponsive but she still seems to be conscious!"  A new voice added.  You felt the surface you were on shift and begin to move.  The sudden jolt triggered another wave of pain and you cried out.  "Careful you f*cks!"  You heard Rick yell.  A hand placed itself on your shoulder.  "Don't worry.  I'll make sure these d*mbasses take care of your." Rick spoke softly.  The pain from Rick's voice was still painful but you found yourself comforted by his words.

Rick's P.O.V

Rick watched as the doctors wheeled Y/N into the hospital and out of sight.  Beth held back her tears, leaning on Jerry for support.  One of the doctors who hadn't left looked at Rick, clipboard in hand.  "Sir I'll need you to fill out this information sheet about the patient and sit with the rest of your party in the waiting room."  Rick nodded his head, clearing his throat.  "S-sssuuurree."  Rick began to write down information on the clipboard.  As he dragged the pen across the paper, he couldn't help picturing your face, scrunched up with pain.  A twang of guilt made his stomach drop as he thought about his darkest secret.  Rick quickly discarded the thought from his mind.  Y/N probably just got overexcited from the concert, nothing more.  Turning to his family (and Jerry), Rick spoke.  "Alright you heard the doctor!  To the waiting room!"

~ TIME SKIP ~ (Still Rick's P.O.V)

Morty was staring at Rick with almost unblinking eyes, searching for guidance.  Rick tried staring straight ahead but finally made eye contact.  "What?"  He burped.  Morty frowned, eyebrows drooping downwards.  Rick narrowed his eyes.  "What?"  He asked again.  "Nothing Morty mumbled, looking down.  "I'm just worried about Y/N.". Rick stared at him.  "Me too."  He mumbled quietly.

Rick quickly stood up with the rest of the family as one of the doctors from earlier walked into eh room, laying his eyes on the family.  "She's stable enough to have visitors though I'll have you know she's currently sleeping."  Beth grabbed the doctor by the shoulders.  "Oh my god thank you thank you thank you!"  Beth dragged Jerry through the doors the doctor had just came though.  Morty looked up at Rick.  "Wanna come Grandpa Rick?"  Rick glanced to the side nerviously.  "Uh... You go on ahead.  I just want to confirm a few payment agreements with eh doctor here."  Morty shrugged as he and Summer disappeared through the doors as well.

Rick turned to the doctor.  "Alright give it to me straight.  I want all the details.  I want to be the one to tell this to my family."  The doctor shrugged.  "Well it's not good.  The stress her body exhibited during the process filled her lungs with blood.  She was, in fact, blinded by pain; her eyes diluted and unresponsive.  Finally, we did a brain scan... the results... were less than good."  Rick stared, unable to speak.  "I'm afraid, by combining the symbtoms, we can only conclude that the disease is in fact," "-Blooming Nightbrain". Rick said in sync with the doctor.  "Well I feared as much."  The doctor nodded.  "There is sadly no cure available but I am able to provide perception pills that will hide the effect for at least a month.... I'm sorry." 

Rick didn't say a word but he was internally screaming.  It was all his fault.  It was his fault Y/N was sick.  It was his fault for taking her out of the cryochamber, it was his fault for building the cryochamber, it was his fault Y/N was in so much pain, it was his fault he wasn't strong enough to let her go.  "Sir?"  The doctor asked.  Rick pulled himself form his thoughts.  "Yea... sorry.  I'll go break the news to them.  Afraid they won't understand your alien explanation."  The doctor nodded.  "Thank you sir.  Have a good day."   The doctor made his way back through the door he came from as Rick stared dumbly at the floor.  He was going to have to make a decision sooner or later, and this was only the beginning.

A/N: Oh man that ending.... I know I promised answers but I think I've raised more questions than answered.  Honestly though I really liked the ending of this chapter and hope you readers feel the same!  Sorry to just leave this episode like that but I'll tie i the events from this episode into next weeks new episode (title is going to be that's mime.  I'll let you figure out what it's about)!  Thank you guys so much for all your support!  I love ya!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon (Frantically eating KFC and typing this chapter)(Now my keyboard is covered in grease ;-;)(But I sacrificed for you my readers.  Because you are so amazing)