Chapter 2

Max's POV

We walked up to a girl who looked exactly like Lilly except that she was obviously a few years older. She had the same exact light brown hair and brown eyes. She had small freckles dotting her nose and cheeks.

"Woah." I thought.

She gave me a confused look and that's when I realized I said that out loud. I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Sorry. It's just that you're really pretty. Wow it was probably really stupid of me to say that. And I..." I trailed off realizing that it was time for me to shut up.

She looked at me and giggled causing my face to turn even more red.

"Well thank you." She said smiling and I smiled back. "I'm Ryleigh and I see you've already met my younger sister Lilly."

All I did was nod, mesmerized by how beautiful she was and that's not an exaggeration. I snapped out of my daze when I realized I hadn't introduced myself.

"I'm Max. Max Mills" I told her.

"Well it's great to meet you Max. But how exactly did you run into Lilly?" She asked me.

"Oh we were on the elevator together and she was freaking out when it stopped because of her claustrophobia." I was finally able to actually have a conversation without awkwardly staring at her.

"Well I hope she wasn't too much trouble."

"Nope. Not at all." I said smiling.

We just stood there smiling at each other for a bit.

"So um, Ryleigh, I was wondering if I could maybe get your number?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sure." She said smiling. Oh god. That smile.

We switched phones and put our numbers in them. I, of course, put my contact in her phone as "Max🔥🤘🏻".

I gave her back her phone and watched as she giggled at my contact name. She put herself into my phone as "Ryleighh😝".

"So maybe we could hang out sometime?" I suggested but it came out as more of a question.

"I'd like that. Does tonight work for you?" She asked. Oh my god she said yes. I could help but smile.

"Yeah tonight sounds great. You wanna come to my place?" I asked. I didn't want to mention Harvey. Just because, well just because.

"Sounds good to me." She said, still smiling.

"Alright I'll text you the time and address." I said waving my phone but then stopping when I realized I looked stupid.

"Bye Max, I'll see you later."

"Bye." Is all I said.

later

-TEXTS-

Max🔥🤘🏻: hey you wanna come over around 7?

Ryleighh😝: sure :) what's your address?

Max🔥🤘🏻: (random address)

Ryleighh😝: alright see you at 7!

-END OF TEXTS-

Ryleigh's POV (finally)

I was actually super excited to hang out with Max. He's so cute I don't even know how I managed to have a conversation with him without screwing up.

It was 6:00 so I decided to start getting ready. I didn't want to look like I tried too hard but I still wanted to make sure I looked good.

After looking through my closet for what felt like forever, I finally decided on a pair of black leggings and a blue sweater because it was pretty cold outside.

I put on some mascara because that's really the only makeup I ever wear. I'm not usually someone who puts an excessive amount of effort into their appearance but I still like to look decent.

By then it was 6:50 so I grabbed my phone and started walking to Max's house. 

//

AN: I'm actually really excited for this fanfic and I already have the first four chapters written lol